Voyager Bludgeon's Swords

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TfAnimatedfan, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Is one else finding that it's extremely hard to get Bludgeon to hold his swords? Peaugh had said in his review that they took force to get into place but mine feels too tight. There are even marks left on the handles by Bludgeon's hands.

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Yes. This appears to be a common issue, which is a shame.

3. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

The short sword on mine is no problem, but the long sword is a BITCH to snap into place. I kept looking for a hinge or something on his knuckles to allow for easier handling, but no such luck. Ah well, he's gonna be staying mostly in robot mode anyway, I already have an Abrams tank in '07 Brawl.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In order to avoid this problem, I don't make my Bludgeon hold his katana with a 'complete', full-handed grip. All I do is push the barest minimum of the handle into one of his hands - one that allows for a fairly secure hold while also permitting easy removal.

While we're on the subject of Bludgeon's swords, I've encountered a different problem. The katana on mine has a handle that isn't completely straight; it has a slight left-leaning curve to it, assuming Bludgeon is in tank mode and the gun barrel/katana handle is pointing at me, left being my left. Does anyone else have such an issue with their Bludgeon? If so, how do I correct this?

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Bludgeon is not M1 Abrams. It looks like a cross between a British Centurion and a Japanese Type-90.

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The common household hair dryer is the best cure I have found for situations like this. Basically shoot some hot air at the sword for a few minutes, and the sword should return to the natural "unbent" shape.

As an aside, a hair dryer will also remove most stress marks in plastic...it just takes a little longer.

7. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Heat it up and bend to preferred shape. Not with an open flame though. A fan heater or even hot tap water could do the trick depending on the thickness and material.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

MOTU fans boil the water to the boiling point, put a weapon in it until it straightens itself or until it becomes maleable so they can shape it, and then put the part in the freezer. It works in about 95% of such cases.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Update: no go. I've tried the heating/cooling procedure four times now, twice with hot water, twice with a hairdryer. The thing ends up fairly straight for a short while after cooling, but regains its curvature about three or four hours later. It's frustrating. Perhaps there's something I'm not doing right, in which case I'd really, really appreciate it if one of you people were kind enough to teach me your method step-by-step, including heating/cooling durations, whether I need to constantly apply shaping force during cooling, etc.

10. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I know Frenzy_Rumble fixed his, so I'll try to find his fix for it.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks, man. I'll be waiting.

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Here's the thread, I could've sworn the fix was in the first post. It might be later on in the thread though. :/

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That doesn't sound very different from what I've been doing. :inquisiti