voyager Bludgeon fixes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tabtiurf, Feb 18, 2010.

1. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Picked up voyager bludgey and I quite like him, but there's a few flaws. Wanted to see if anyone else has run into them.

First, his thumb leaves a gouge-mark in the soft plastic of his sword. I'm tempted to file it down a bit, as he doesn't actually seem to need his thumb to hold it. Anyone tried that?

Second, his torso-slider requires an astronomical amount of force to move. I'm afraid I'm just going to rip him in half one day. Anyone got a fix for that?

Third, I'd like his torso to be longer. Since there's room in tank mode for the head without retracting into the body, I was thinking I could unscrew it from his spine and glue it directly to the torso, adjusting the slider to move only about half the way down. However, I can't seem to find a way to take his torso apart. There's screw holes, but they're covered by the turret.

2. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Actually, I used warm water on the sword after I saw the dents left over from Bludgeon's hands.As I was soaking the sword in warm water, i remolded it back by smoothing it out with my fingers-no dents- no mod needed!

3. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I'll try that, but I was after a more permenant solution. I take it yours doesn't have the problem with the slider?

4. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

He is a pain in the but to slide the body back into the tank mode. You have to push down with force hoping nothing breaks lol. So far, everybody I know who has him has that same problem with that slider.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, I have a Bludgeon with a slightly malformed right hand - the plastic did not get all the way down into the fingers there (thumb is fine), so they're short, and it's easier/less damaging to get the sword in and out of the hand. It still holds the sword fine, if a little loosely toward the 'pinky' finger.

TL/DR: You might get better, more controllable results by filing back the fingers, rather than the thumb.

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Not really a fix, but when you're forcing the slider transformation, watch so you don't chip his face paint.