Voy ROTF MEGS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rumsawatti, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

WTF? anyone know why ROTF voyager megatron is more deluxe size? i mean i was kinda expecting something...maybe i dont know a wee bit bigger than my movie one voyager prime? im not complaining but come on...its megatron for god sake...

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Most voyagers are deluxe sized

3. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

oh i thought voyagers are supposed to be bigger...my movie one prime is like in between deluxe and leader size...i thought all voyagers was that size approx...

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very true, i wish tehy wouldve oversized the voyager mold for a leader class :) 

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

If you think he's small, stay away from HFTD Voyager Prime.

07 Voyager vs. HFTD Voyager..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think RoTF Voyager Megs is that small though. Maybe a little stumpy, but he's the same height as 07 Voyager Megs.

6. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

really...07 voy megs looks so much bigger...

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't know, man, they look about the same to me. I don't like either of them, but they look about the same size to me..

[​IMG]

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Wasn't the the price jump done to make sure they could make the toys the same size as opposed to keeping the price but downsizing?

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    There's also the parts-count to take into consideration. 07 voyager Prime has like, six parts to his whole body, while the new one is just as complicated as the RotF leader class.

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I have no clue about the prices or parts count. For the record, I love HFTD Voyager Prime. I'm just saying that this guy might not be a fan if he doesn't like Voyager Megs because of size.

11. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

I didnt say i didnt like the figure...I love the figure i just sed that they should have made him bigger than voy prime to be in scale...

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Budget. TF's have to work within a set budget of construction and materials cost, as well as fit within the box and look good within the standard box size. (Leaders, BTW, have the added problem of needing lights and sound and having the try me feature on the front)

In addition, the variety of transformation schemes means there's always going to be bots who are oddly sized for their class. Animated Deluxe Lockdown and Animated Voyager Lugnut, for example. Lockdown is as tall as the leaders, while Lugnut is one of the shortest bots. There is no set height for a class.

ROTF Megatron is just fine for a Voyager. He also seems in great scale to HFTD Prime.

13. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

oh...

14. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

The HFTD voyager prime has a small vehicle mode but is a pretty standard voyager height i think. Assuming one does not compare him to some of the larger voyagers like Longhaul.

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I used to do part counts on TFs just out of curiosity. If I recall correctly, legends tended to be around 20 separate pieces of plastic, scouts 40, deluxes 60-70.

One of the things that was surprising is how figures that seemed very complex often do it with about the same amount of parts as figures with very simple transformations within the same size class.

I dunno if Hasbro have specific limits they aim for, but I imagine it affects the amount of assembly involved.

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Speaking of assembly, how is it done, exactly?

100% manual slave labor? Beacuse I can't imagine a machine made to automatically assemble, say, Tuner Mudflaps.

I guess I'd love to see the full process of creating, building and selling a TF figure.

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's like giraffes have the same number of the bones in their neck as ours!
    :drunk 

I read the TakaraTomy toy developer's comment that the size class is determined by the parts number and the figure weight. ROTF Voy Megs is nice and bulky and looks imposing next to a deluxe, I think.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think by necessity it has to be manual, since every new design is different. They presumably have machines for doing pin joints and electric screwdrivers, but the work is so precise that I can't see them programming machines to do it. I'd say even where machines are involved they have to be guided by human hands.

They're probably pieced together assembly line fashion or in small teams.

I'm sure it'd make for a fascinating "How it's made" or "How do they do it".

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

He doesn't look deluxe sized to me. Maybe next to Lockdown, but Lockdown is a freak.

20. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

yea i was just expecting sumthing bigger...hes voyager sized according to most voyagers...the prime that i compared him too is just bigger than most voyagers...I think that it is manually and machine built...some parts are assembled manually while the machiine assembles others, then it is all put toghether and sent out ;)