Voting Open For MTV Movie Awards 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 30, 2010.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think the WTF moment goes to why does the title say ROTF has been nominated when the page is to vote for nominees.

ROTF hasnt been nominated for anything

"Help choose the nominees and make sure your favorite movies are considered for the 2010 MTV Movie Awards."

sorry to be the downer just posting for accuracy

2. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

^this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A million times over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That's true we don't even know if it will get enough votes to be one of the nominees on award night.

I predict a great deal of nerd rage if Revenge of the Fallen fails to make the cut for nominations. Some people still can't grasp that public opinion of Revenge of the Fallen has turned negative so maybe losing a few more awards will help with the message.

4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously? This sort of crap movie is beneith even MTV standards, or so I thought.

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You know Ash, I am still surprised how many non Transformers fan liked that movie, so who knows?

The only thing it deserves is Best Fight for the Forest Battle (IMAX edition) but only cause there was no other good fight all year! Seriously, 2009 SUCKED for movies, espcially compared to 2008. 2009 sucked so much Avartar looked good in comparison!

6. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Isabel Lucas should win for best break out performance.

Because the bitch literally break out of her body. Just sayin'

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *reads the comments* Haters gonna hate I guess...

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

If opinion turned negative then why did it make the amount of money it did? Critics didn't like the movie from the start but people still went to see it and it raked in over 820 million dollars. The most until Avatar and 5 months later dvd sales were through the roof so I am having a hard time buying your argument. What I see is more a frustration from those who didn't like it towards those that did. They want more negative press and publicity as justification for their opinion and in some way to try to convince those that liked it that their point is valid.

9. Ash from Carolina

I agree that the forest battle really needed to be on the list. The list of good fights this year was pretty short and I think the camera work and choreography of the fight was good enough to take the prize.

While there were a lot of bad movies this year like Wolverine there were a few gems later in the year. The Hangover managed to be a really funny comedy that tried to be different. Zombieland managed to capture the fun of a zombie/comedy film. Inglourious Basterds gave us one of the best movie villains in a while. District 9 kicked butt for such a small budget and an unknown director. Up even managed better story telling than most of the live action films this year. Some good films out there once you get past the ones with a mountain of ads behind them.

10. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

i would only vote for best movie. screw all these human characters. "best ass kicking character?" to shia laBOOF? thats the real joke. that should have gone to prime. or bumblebee.

11. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I have to admit...

This:
    This:
    And especially this:
    Win Win Win !!! :thumbs2: 

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  12. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

i mean, it would be nice if it won something besides a razzie. even the razzie is good enough for me, but something else as well would be nice. haters gonna hate i suppose though..

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I agree it should win for best fight.

And what's with the Lucas chick "breakout" performance? Break out of her ass, maybe.

And I liked Shia the Beef in ROTF, but he wasn't exactly a kickass-type character. It's hard to kick ass when said ass is twice as large as you and is made of metal.

These are some weird nominations. Not that, again, ROTF shouldn't be nominated for some stuff, but these specific categories are odd.

Word.

14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    LOL. Next best thing to the Oscars...that's not easy writing right there.

TF already won some awards. They were fruity. And they were actually deserved, unlike MTV which patterns its "awards" after "what is most popular with the sheep."

15. Ash from Carolina

Ah I should have known that someone would drag out the old money equals quality argument yet again.

You do realize that the general public is a fickle lot who's opinion is never written in stone?

Money means nothing at all when it comes to public opinion over the long run. If money was all that matters then Sam Raimi could have done whatever he wanted after Spiderman 3 and it's boat loads of money. But Spiderman 3 went from hot to the butt of too many jokes.

Revenge of the Fallen is the butt of a lot jokes about how bad it is. You wouldn't find those jokes if people weren't agreeing that yea it's a bad movie. Sure the film was hot back in the summer, but now you are far more likely to hear some place slam the film than you are to hear a place praise the film. Sorry but it's hard to get a Razzie if you are a film that is popular to rip on for being bad.

It's not a matter of convincing someone that they can't like it but it's a matter of public opinion seems to have shifted. With any luck the production team is reading the winds of public opinion to make something better instead of taking this fan approach of if it ever made money then people will always like it.

16. kingjace

kingjace Well-Known Member

Damn... Is there even a best director slot? And if yeah, why isn't Bay on it?? That man is a genius.:rolleyes2 

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

We are a capitalist society. We vote with our dollars, so yes money does equal quality atleast to a certain extent. That's just basic economics that we learned in high school. Who knowling wastes their money on a bad product? Sure a few people went to see it to see how bad it was but, but unless your job is to fix bad products and turn them around for a profit no one wastes money on bad products. Then people were going crazy again buying the dvd. There was a market for ROTF but their was none after Spiderman 3. Just economics

Like I said above, those that liked it are done justifying liking the movie. Those that didn't like it, continue on their crusade. If you think that this will make the studios come out with a movie that is better I don't know. While many people complained the movie racked in quite a bit of money. You have to remember that the studios are private businesses. They aren't trying to make "quality" movies but rather movies than can generate a profit. They answer to their investors. If ROTF made the kind of money it made then they know their is a market for it and don't be surprised if they put out a similar product.

18. Prime_816

Prime_816 Well-Known Member

There's almost no discernable difference between the Razzies and the MTV Movie Awards. Both nominate "what is most popular with the sheep" in an attempt to capitalize on the well-known, except one calls those movies/performances the worst while the other considers them cool. The agenda's basically the same.

None of this is to say that ROTF was great or that I loved it (in fact I was quite bored during most of the movie), but to act like the Razzies are legitimate in their choices while rebelling against MTV is silly.

19. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    At first I read it as "Best Ass Kissing Star."

Neither of them make any sense as a category now that I think about it.

20. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  if thats true they would have won something at golden globes i dont know what the award show was caled that they nominated for best cgi i dont watch them there to me those award shows rigged mtv, teen choice awards poeple pick who they want to be winners, but golden glob or grammys i dont know or care who picks the wiinners for those 2 shows