Voting For The MAKE PRIME SPEAK CONTEST Has Begun

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The voting phase for the TRANSFORMERS - MAKE PRIME SPEAK CONTEST has begun.

Thousands of fans submitted their chance to have Optimus Prime speak their line of dialogue in the upcoming TRANSFORMERS movie, in theatres 7.4.7. The TOP 100 Submissions are now posted at www.TransformersMovie.com.

The Voting Phase ends on OCTOBER 23rd. The winning TOP 10 entries will be announced by November 9th.

During the Voting Phase of the contest, it is one vote per person, per email address used during the submission phase. All users are encouraged to check out the finalists, but again – the only votes that will count are from those who submitted a line to the contest.

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Do a barrel roll!" is winning.

:lol 

3. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    How can I vote?

I don't see anything about being able to vote on the site.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I reeaally like the "Megatron, when I'm done with you, you'll be lucky if there's enough of you left to transform into a handgun." Too bad I didnt' submit anything or I'd vote for it.

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Wait- you mean you have to SUBMIT to vote?

That sucks.

6. Autobot_Goldbug

Autobot_Goldbug The REAL Goldbug

News Credits:
    There are some really good ones. Then there are ones that are directly from the cartoon or similar to them. Than there are quotes that make me wonder if they just randomly selected ones for voting.
    What is up with all the blatant plagiarism of other movie's quotes!? :rolleyes2 

7. R Muzzy

R Muzzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    why are such stupid quotes that have nothing to do with transformers winning?
    "Do a barrel roll!", "the pretzel one? the only one i really like is the megatron handgun joke.

8. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Just put in your e-mail address in that blank spot when you vote, I don't think you had to actually submit a line in order to vote.

By the way I voted for the Megatron Gun line since its a great little nod to G1.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I voted for the Megatron gun line as well. A great nod to all the "megs must be a gun" fans

10. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    "My spark is a small price to pay."

That's what I submitted and I am surprised they didn't accept it compared to some of the other crap that's on there (ie. "I'll be back").

But, yeah, I'm voting for the handgun one too because of the G1 homage.

11. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You'd think "Autobots, transform roll & out" would be a given in this film, but I guess Michael Bay is trying to stay away from the blocky designs as much as possible.

12. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree about some of them chosen, and what's winning!

:banghead:  :confused:  I really don't get the ones that are direct rips from non TF... and Pretzels??? wth???

I almost voted for the "It's not our world...our responsibility" - it got out chosen (just barely) by "This world should learn from its mistakes, not ours."

Many were good; some, imagining Peter Cullen's voice speaking it - I shuddered with dismay... Hopefully, even if the "fans" who took the time to submit something pick several "modern" or hokey phrases, TPTB will also look at some of the close-ups and pick from amongst them as well - since the submission process said that the ones to be in final pool would be based on appropriatness to the character of Prime and the film itself. Yes, that skews the process a bit, but sometimes I think peeps submitted stuff through several email acct of theirs & friends, just so some of the cornball ones would be certain to get through (similar but diff, so they took one).

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I voted for "Are you a decepticon or a decepticant?" since it's such a great movie where it comes from. I'd be plenty happy if "do a barrel roll!" won though.

14. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I was one of the few people who are looking forward to this movie doing really well. I love the designs, and everything.

All that changed when I saw "Do a barrel roll" as the number 1 entry... The immature internet community shouldn't be allowed to touch ANYTHING.

But thats just how I feel :p 

15. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These pretzels...are making me THIRSTY!

What on earth are they going to do if that one wins?

16. Mumps

Ok, I just read the rules. YES!! The top 10 will be voted by us, and the NUMBER 1 ENTRY, or the one that is going to be in the movie, will be chosen by the producers. No barrel rolls or pretzels lets hope.

17. Mumps

Whoops, sorry for the double post... I should have edited it in

18. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

"These Pretzels are making me thirsty" is THIRD in the voting?? As funny as a Signfeld reference as it is...no...just no. I mean you might as well have Prime say "Oh yeah Megatron? Well the Jerk Store called and they're running out of you!"

19. Fire_Bird

Fire_Bird Member

In protest of the blatant disregard for the people who took the contest seriously, I request that you vote (if you submitted a line, you have the right to vote) for the most ridiculous entry "These pretzles are making me thirsty". It's doubtful any harm will come to the film itself, but it'll at least send a message to the contest organizers.

Come on people, vote for "These pretzels are making me thirsty"!

20. ArchangelX

ArchangelX Member

You guys are missing the point about why people are voting for Pretzels and Barrel roll. It's to make a statement.

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14986&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

Pretzels for the win! Or Barrel roll!

There are some people that spent alotta time making up really good lines...thinking about the gravitas of the situation...and they got completly dusted by "Do a Barrel Roll" and "The pretzels are making me thirsty."

We got screwed. Half of us didn't even get a line in...just the crap that was posted up there...Pretzels shouldn't have even been allowed in the contest.