VOTE: Who Is Your Most Wanted Autobot for TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Matt Starr, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Who is your most wanted Autobot for TF3?

1. Grimlock & The Dinobots

72 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Ultra Magnus

41 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Mirage

6 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Sunstreaker

6 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. Hound

11 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Prowl or Silverstreak-Specify Who

22 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Hot Rod

23 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. Wheeljack

51 vote(s)
    19.3%
  9. Combiner Team-Specify Which

11 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. Minibot-Specify Which

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Blaster & Minions-Specify Which

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Metroplex or Omega Supreme-Specify Which

11 vote(s)
    4.2%
  13. Other-Specify Which

9 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

Due to the popularity of the thread for Most Wanted Decepticon which Twin Twist OK'd, I thought I'd start one for the Autobots too.

The wishlist/speculation thread is great, but I thought it would be cool to see an actual vote.

Bob Orci visits this board of course, so your vote does count! He could be checking things out here!

Perhaps these polls will give them some insight of who fans would like to see in the next film.

Apologies to all the awesome Autobots I couldn't specify, and if your personal favorite isn't on the poll! Just vote other and specify him or her here, and I will keep a running tally of everyone!

2. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wheeljack FTW!!!

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Dinobots. I want to see them versus Monkey Devastator...plus they're naturally stupid so that'd work in the writer's favor.

4. Honey-Flash

Honey-Flash Yes, I'm a girl.

Prowl.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Grimlock and Dinobots! All the choices are good, but Grimlock and the Dinobots are the best!

6. Matt Starr

I voted for Mirage myself. I think you could do some amazing effects with him, and who knows, maybe even give him some personality while they're at it! :p 

I wanted to include an option for SKYFIRE, in which his character would be a badass rather than the ancient, geriatric Jetfire in ROTF, but I had to cut someone from the list.

7. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Hound

8. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Hot Rod/Rodimus (whatever they'll name him).

9. Whitey

Whitey The Angry White One

I have heard that the writers have a problem with the functionality of the dinobots, so they may be a problem. But I have an idea for GRIMLOCK that involves a large truck instead of a t-rex. I could see him as a Ford F-650. If anyone has seen this truck, would it work?

10. red4

red4 Banned

These are the characters I'd like to see, and in order of priority
    Alpha Trion
    Elita-1
    Kup
    Dinobots
    Hound
    Prowl
    and Swindle, for good measure

Yeah yeah, Elita-1 died in the movie-verse comics, but I really doubt that matters.

11. Matt Starr

That's a kickass idea, and I could see it working. In fact it actually made me think, what if they used monster trucks for them? With like dinosaur-stylizations all over them?

Of course, that wouldn't really be the Dinobots though. We've seen Scorponok and Ravage, I think we can handle dinosaurs.

Well that's a subject for another thread I guess.

12. red4

red4 Banned

You guys gave me a brilliant fucking idea.

13. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

It has to be Wheeljack! He built the Dinobots afterall. I like his character and personality and G1 always told a lot of good story premises that begin with Wheeljack.

I would love for him to transform into a flashy, exotic car like a Lotus, Ferrari, or Lamborghini now that SideSwipe (and presumably Sunstreaker if he makes an appearance) do not.

GM might not have the funds to foot the bill for the 3rd movie (though with sales of that Camaro escalating fast alongside ticket sales for the movie - I'd gladly throw that assumption into doubt).

Still, I always loved Wheeljack!

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The fact they're dinosaurs wouldn't really need explaining. Scorponok and Ravage just kind of appeared without any explanation as to why they resemble Earth animals, the Dinobots could do the same.

15. Whitey

Whitey The Angry White One

Also take into consideration that dinosaurs stand out a lot more than an average sized robo jaguar and oversized scorpion. Remember that dinosaurs aren't exactly tiny. They would stick out like a sore thumb 100 times over.

16. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Hard choice between Hound or Grimlock, but I'd have to go with Grimlock. It'd just be too cool to see the Big Guy rendered in realistic CGI.

17. jayslim213

jayslim213 Member

Prowl as a ninjabot and someone like rodimus prime from animated (bow and arrow bot).

18. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Remembering that I voted for Wheeljack, I just want to say something about the Dinobots.

The Autobots could have sent out seekers after the Decepticon ones, or the Dinobots could have originally been Decepticon Seekers. If they landed on earth like way back when, about the time Megatron originally crashed here, they might have taken dino-form as that was what was "popular" at the time.

Then they might have become trapped here and with lack of energon, they could have "dumbed down" all on their own.

The other issue is, that now that we've seen Alice, should the Dinobots appear as they did in G1, or more like they are Beast Warriors?

I think they ought to be Autobot Seekers from the get-go, because why would they bother transforming into anything on primative earth in the first place? The indiginous life here back in the days of the dinosaurs wasn't going to hurt them anyway.

19. jjthejetsfan

jjthejetsfan New Member

I would liked to see the Aerialbots in TF3. :) 

20. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

I probably missed it, but was the Model T seeker identified? If not, I suspect it could make a decent Ultra Magnus. Also would make sense if all seekers have the ability to combine with the Primes.