Vote for your favorite scene in TRANSFORMERS The Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT ASKS TRANSFORMERS FANS:WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TRANSFORMERS CLIP?

Voting Open On The Official Web Site For TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION DVD Which Hits Retail November 7th

New York, New York, August 1, 2006

The home entertainment group of SONY BMG Music Entertainment once again is reaching out to TRANSFORMERS fans around the world in preparation for the November 7th release of TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD. Beginning today, fans can log onto www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com and vote for their favorite clip from TRANSFORMERS: The Movie. Fans will be able to cast their vote all week, choosing among a selection of memorable scenes from the animated classic. The winning scene will be reveled Tuesday, August 8th * exactly 20 years to day of the original theatrical release of TRANSFORMERS: The Movie.

The August 8th anniversary date marks the first in a series of "TRANSFORMERS Tuesdays" where, every Tuesday, new information regarding the 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will be posted on www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com. Fans will be able to keep tabs on all of the happenings with this special DVD, including details about the exclusive footage and interviews and other spectacular materials that will be included on this title.

For the 20th anniversary edition, Sony BMG Home Entertainment completely re-mastered and color-corrected the film and will present Optimus Prime, Megatron and the rest of the star-studded Autobots and Decepticons in true splendor through three distinct versions: 16x9 Widescreen presentation, the Autobot Matrix of Knowledge presentation featuring trivia and fun facts about the movie itself; and a full-screen edition.

To further commemorate the 20th anniversary of the film, SONY BMG is providing fans with some extra-celebratory content that lets them track back to the true origins of the TRANSFORMERS, including original commercials for the toy line and movie. Sony BMG Home Entertainment is expanding the DVD's collectibility to the packaging itself. The company has commissioned fan-favorite artist Don Figueroa to create the imagery for a special "transforming" cover.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie features the voice of Orson Welles in his final role, as well as stars Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker. The DVD also features a winning soundtrack featuring the iconic theme "The TRANSFORMERS" performed by Lion, and the popular "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush.

The movie, set in 2005, chronicles the efforts of the heroic Autobots to defend their home of Cybertron from the evil Decepticons and Unicron, a huge robotic creature that devours planets.

For more information on TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD log onto www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com

About SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global recorded music joint venture with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. SONY BMG is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony Corporation of America.

2. PG13

PG13 Well-Known Member

69% for Optimus kicking Deceptiass before fighting Megatron

3. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd say the polls are pretty much closed on that one, assuming that's a fairly large number of votes.

4. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

That is a great scene, but I still think Prowl's death had the most initial impact on me. It was the point that I realized anything could happen.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yes i voted for this scene also because before I watched the movie again in my late teens, that one scene I always remembered from the movie above all others.

6. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    One of my favorites is the battle between Soundwave and Blasters cassettes, which was the first time I had ever seen them go at each other. Granted, it was pretty short, but still fun to watch.

7. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Uni's Transformation blew me away, but nothing beats OP kicking a$$ and taking names.

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The BEST starts with that great line:

"Megatron must be stopped...No matter the cost"

Looks like alot of people agree with me :D 

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm very disappointed that the poll neglected to offer the "Arise, Rodimus Prime!" scene. :( 

10. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

other scenes that should have been included

Primes death
    Hotrod and Danyel fishing
    Hot Rod and Danyel (drive to Look Out Mountain)
    Megatron being reformated into Galavatron
    Unicron eating Lytha
    the Junkion battle
    Battle for leadership in Astrotrain

11. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    So, should I vote for:

1) "Coronation Starscream? This is bad comedy"
    "Megatron? Is that you?"
    "Here's a hint!"

or:

2) "For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron. But now, you shall witness its dismemberment!"

Decisions. Decisions.

P.S.: pfff... Optimus' scene is winning. :( 

-airfox

12. Overload

Overload Transform and Attack!

They forgot my favorite scene:

The introduction of Wheelie, the greatest transformer of all time!
    "Friend find, look behind." :music  Awesome

To be serious, I voted for Starscreams death. Great writing, great acting, great action, no Wheelie!

13. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

My fav scene is Hot Rod and Kup's "Sharkticon Destruction Derby" :p 

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron: "I still function"
    Starscream: "Wanna bet?"

I thought that was a great scene, too...maybe not the best, but worthy of at least a nomination.

15. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Wow they forgot the Dinobot and Devastator battle, even though it was kind of short.

Optimus, "Dinobots Destroy Devastator!"

Grimlock, "Me Grimlock like challenge."

16. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

News Credits:
    I think they forgot to limit it to one vote. It seems that with the drastic change over the past few hours some jokers may have voted more than once........like a few thousand times....

17. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

My favorite scene is where Optimus comes back stronger than ever and saves the day.

Oh yeah.... :throw  :mad 

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wtf, Hot Rod vs Galvatron is winning? Probably because they split Prime's bit into two options.

19. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    What about "Me Grimlock kick butt!" before they literally begin kicking a butt?

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    pity they didn't have my favorite scene, Kup looks up and says one word ina voice filled with dread.

"Devastator"