Vote for Best/Worst Sixshot Figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Unicron9, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Best car mode- TR
    Worst Car mode- Hanzo

Best Jet mode- G1
    Worst Jet mode- TR

Best wolf mode- Hanzo
    Worst wolf mode- Hexatron

Best Tank mode- G1
    Worst tank mode- Hexatron

Best gun mode- G1
    Worst gun mode- Hanzo

Best robot mode- TR
    Worst robot mode- Hexatron

• Like Like x 1
  2. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Care to drop your Best/worst modes votes?
    I really love Fuuma's robot mode but I have issues with other modes besides just how easily things on a $210 figure can break. I have tried talking myself into buying him anyway, telling myself I can sculpt permanent treads on, paint a cockpit for tank mode on the raised area where it should be, and maybe mod him so gun mode doesn't flop down from the mid-point, but I can't make myself pay that price to have to work on him for hours and still risk breaking the wings off when transforming him.
    Might as well show here my problem with each mode... Bot and wolf mode are great
    34648930_266640440569351_880437354735599616_n.jpg wolf gcreation.jpg

But... In tank mode he has no cockpit, which is what ruins Hanzo's tank mode for me too.
    gcreations-fuuma-046.jpg

Car mode is apparently based on the G1 instructions way of transforming him to car mode, where the wheels are way too far back. It looked awful then, and obviously wasn't what the designer planned since there is a swivel joint that puts the wheels where they should be. Fuuma tried to run with that look with pride, and its okay for what they were doing, but I hate it.
    Fuuma-02.jpg

Fuuma's jet mode is alright. Better than Hanzo at least, but for some reason they didn't leave good alone so the guns attach to the jet sides instead of being able to go on the wing tips. This makes the wings look shorter, and makes him less like Sixshot.
    gcreations-fuuma-027.jpg

Gun mode looks good but can't support it's own weight, causing it to droop in the front. That's no fun at all, and not remotely acceptable for a $200+ figure.
    arefg.jpg

By Legends you mean Titans Return right? Oh yeah, that was the Japanese version. Had to look it up, hah.
    Give me your "worst modes" votes and yours will be in the final results too. :) 

3. Yaujta

Yaujta Breadchildren. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, here are my real votes...

Best car mode- TR/LG
    Worst Car mode- Hanzo

Best Jet mode- Hexatron (only because I like the stylized star figher. G1 has the best looking one, though)
    Worst Jet mode- Hanzo

Best wolf mode- TR/LG
    Worst wolf mode- Hexatron

Best Tank mode- G1
    Worst tank mode- Hexatron

Best gun mode- G1
    Worst gun mode- Hanzo

Best robot mode- TR
    Worst robot mode- Hexatron

4. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Team Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    TF Collecting: Joy. Pride. Nostalgia. Fun.
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What I stated is indisputable fact. Only two of the toys are Sixshot. Two are not.

The two that are not Sixshot belong in another forum.

Whatever spin you want to put on that to make yourself feel better and/or justify your "poll" in your own mind doesn't change the facts that I stated.

5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Official toys only: TR in all modes by a longshot.

Including 3P: Hanzo in wolf mode, Terminus Hexatron in all others. I won't deny a good beast mode, but all the others are too simplistic in aesthetic for me.

I believe that version of Hexatron in the pics is a KO, MMC themselves actually did release him in proper colors.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basing this strictly on what looks most or least like what it's supposed to be, not engineering or coloration, I'm voting like this:

Best car mode- Titans Return
    Worst Car mode- Terminus Hexatron

Best Jet mode- G1
    Worst Jet mode- Titans Return

Best wolf mode- Hanzo
    Worst wolf mode- G1

Best Tank mode- G1
    Worst tank mode- Hanzo

Best gun mode- G1
    Worst gun mode- Hanzo

Best robot mode- Titans Return
    Worst robot mode- G1

Some votes, like wolf mode, were really easy, I think there's very clearly a best and worst there. Other votes, like tank and gun, were pretty hard--gun because none of the gun modes look bad, tank because none of the tank modes look good.

Others it's pretty much down to personal preference. Hanzo's car mode looks more truck-like to me, but by no means bad. Hanzo almost edged out G1 in the jet vote, but I decided his "jet" more closely resembled some form of winged watercraft. And as for robot mode, I won't argue that Hanzo looks more imposing, and TR looks downright shrimpy next to him, but... official looks official.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Unicron9

Okay Mr. Has-Tak police captain.
    Yes two of them are officially called Sixshot but all 4 are very clearly meant to be incarnations of the Sixshot character. Are you really too blinded by 3rd party figure hate to see that? If so, that's pretty funny.
    Did you only post here to crap on something I did for fun for fans of Sixshot? The question was extremely simple. "Which looks best in each mode?" That's it.

I don't need to spin anything any way to make myself feel better. I never felt bad about anything in the first place and had no reason to. Again, this is just a poll for fun, not to be judged and ridiculed by someone with his man-panties in a wad over what's official or not.

There are 2 official and 2 3P representations of Sixshot here. This doesn't strictly go in official or 3rd party forums. Sixshot is a Transformers character and all of these figures transform, into 6 things in fact, so I put it here.
    I hope you can find some way to live with it. If not, that's also fine.

Aside from you voting Hanzo as best wolf mode for the reason you stated, that list of votes seemed a bit skewed by what's official when the question was what looks best, not what looks most official. Plus personally I think Hanzo looks more like the G1 cartoon Sixshot in bot mode than any of them, including the G1 toy. Still, if you voted that way because you prefer official figures that much more, that's your vote, it's what you like most, and so it definitely counts. :) 
    Fanstoys Hydra looks more like G1 Sixshot from the cartoon than any version so far. I can't wait for that one!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Well, it was really close on the robot mode, and it's true I gave it to TR purely on the basis it's official... but the G1 toy racked up two "worst" votes and the TR got one, so I don't know how deep my official bias runs. Meanwhile Hexatron emerged almost entirely unscathed, he really doesn't do anything badly, I just don't care for his car mode. And his tank mode I actually like, with those guns that are bigger and more prominent than anyone else's... shame his treads are almost nonexistent, which hurts the "tank" look he's trying to go for. But like I said, nobody there is really doing a very convincing tank.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unicron9

Sounds like you might like Hanzo more than I do, hah. I had to come up with alternate transformations for his car, tank and gun modes, so the tank and gun doesn't have friggin feet sticking out on top and car mode looks more G1. I really hate that they didn't give him a tank cockpit at all. Those wheels right there so visible in most alt modes too... I do like his bot and wolf modes a lot though.
    I used to hate Hexatron's car mode too, but I found a way to transform it (as pictured) that I can stand at least.
    Seems all Sixshots suffer from having 4 small tank treads that are easy to not even notice. For the most part I've been over that since the G1 toy.

10. SlagNotSlug

SlagNotSlug Well-Known Member

Interesting poll and some good discussion all around. Here's my input:

Car: best- TR, worst- Hexatron (in my opinion, no strong modes here)
    Jet: best- Hexatron, worst- Hanzo (I like how the arms fold into the back but the tires on top really bug me)
    Wolf: best- Hanzo, worst- G1
    Tank: best- TR, worst- Hanzo (another set of non-strong modes)
    Gun: best- G1, worst- Hanzo
    Robot: best- TR, worst- G1

• Like Like x 1
  11. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Titans Return is the only option here for me.

3rd Party is never an option.

12. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    energon or bust

13. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm honestly kind of interested in picking up Hanzo now (I don't actually own any of these four toys, Sixshot's never been one of my guys, and as a Masterforce fan I'd prefer a Sixknight over any Sixshot), but what Hanzo does well, he does really well. And I don't think all modes are equal, I'd definitely give the robot mode and maybe the wolf mode (the two "living" modes that should evoke strong personality) more importance, and Hanzo comes up aces in both of those modes... more than outweighing his unfortunate tank and gun modes.

If he's not a nightmare to transform, he's well on his way to my shopping list.

14. Unicron9

I get that, and Hanzo does make a great bot and wolf. I just finally got him last week after saying no because of his 4 weaker alt modes until I saw some clues that maybe he could be transformed in a way that didn't end up with feet on top of his gun and tank mode, and could possibly have a more G1-style car mode. I do like him less than the other 3 pictured in the OP and I sure as hell don't remotely see him as a masterpiece style figure since there are far too many inaccuracies in both modes, but as another unique take on the character, He is cool. I don't regret buying him at all.
    Oh, and he is another one, like ALL of them I have except the Clone Droid Terminus Hexatron and the little Iron factory version, that can't store his swords in all modes, so I just keep them in his box. He also had faux wheels on his forearms that I removed and keep in the box because aside from making bot mode slightly more G1 accurate, they are pointless and look dumb in all other modes.
    If you're thinking of getting him as your first and only Sixshot, he isn't very difficult to transform but you might want to wait and see how Fanstoy's Hydra comes out. It looks amazing, and like a true MP version.

Speaking of the Iron factory version, he also has some bad and not real great alt modes due to his legs being so big they make half of some alt modes too big. Sure looks cool in bot mode though, and wolf and gun are pretty decent too.
    I might as well throw up some pics of him while I'm thinking about it. He can store the swords in all modes, but its not very cool in some...
    IMG_20180528_145452.jpg IMG_20180526_141706.jpg IMG_20180526_194441.jpg IMG_20180528_133810.jpg IMG_20180528_143150.jpg IMG_20180528_144801.jpg

Well I for one am just glad you stopped by to drop off your toy buying politics that are fairly useless and off topic to this discussion.
    Personally I like really cool action figures and don't much care who makes them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sebfolgero

Sebfolgero New Member

My votes are as following:
    Car mode: Best Titans Return, Worst Terminus Hexatron.
    Plane Mode: Best G1, Worst hanzo
    Wolf mode: Best Hanzo, Worst Terminus Hexatron
    Tank mode: Best Titans Return, Worst hanzo.
    Gun mode: Best Terminus Hexatron, Worst Hanzo
    Robot mode: Best Titans Return, Worst G1

Hope this helps :) 

16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Worst goes to Hanzo in all modes except wolf.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

do you guys all really have 4!! versions of six shot, all but the official release are worth at least two bills!?!? That's some dedication to transformering... like a grand worth of six shots

18. Unicron9

Naaah not even close, and I have 6 versions of Sixshot including my Iron factory and WST ones. Clone Droid Terminus was under $90, Hanzo was $130, Encore G1 was $130, Titans Return was about $40 plus $30 for his upgrade and $10 for his decals, WST was $30, and Iron factory was $45. That is around $500 in Sixshots though...

19. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Best car: Titans Return
    Best jet: G1
    Best robot: Titans Return
    Best gun: Titans Return
    Best wolf: Titans Return
    Best tank: Titans Return

Worst in every way: Hexatron

My votes are not in any way anti third party. I love my Fansproject Stunticons and all the other third party and ko Transformers I have.

If anything it was the earlier comments denouncing the third party toys that prompted me to join in.

If there's one phrase I hate on this site, it's "this should be in the ..... forum!"

To which I reply, Grow up! And Get a life!!

I had a ko version of Hexatron and it wasn't great quality. My perception isn't skewed though. Just looking at your pics, it doesn't hold up well with the other versions.

I love that big heavy jet mode the G1 toy has. The day I become an adult collector, I bought it. The box was in Japanese which I still can't read and I'd never knowingly seen any pics of Sixshot. I didn't realise he briefly appeared in the Marvel Headmasters mini series which I read in the UK comic.

I only knew he existed because of the UK comic letters page and surmised this had to be him.

Your pics of Titans Return Sixshot make me question why I haven't picked him up yet? I'll probably end up getting the third party add on as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    If you can, buy the Legends version. The knees are better and deco pops a bit more.

• Like Like x 1