Voltron Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Member

I received my SOC from BBTS and I need some advice from you folks with more SOC experience than me. My red lion is a bit off, the front legs don't seem to "lock" in like the green, and the neck doesn't seem to push in all the way, but those things feel fairly minor.

The thing that I'm having trouble with is the sword. He cannot hold it firm in either hand, it just kind of flops out of the hole in the lion mouth. The other weapons I've tried seem to hold nice and tight, however.

Is anyone else having this issue? This thing is amazing with the exception of this very annoying issue. What would you do? Return it?

2. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not a crazy secure connection, but my figure holds the sword ok. I have heard of others having trouble with it though. A little bit of clear nail or floor polish on the sword's tab would probably help a lot...although I feel weird about recommending that for a $300 SoC.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ouch.

4. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Mine holds "ok". If I pose him then add the sword, it works fine, but it would come loose if I try to pose it while the sword is "attached".

5. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It really doesn't feel like it's secure enough to display, so I'm a bit concerned about it.

Does your red lion's front legs lock when push in? Mine don't, they bounce back out.

Anyway, I wrote BBTS to see what they say. This sword issue is like bird crap on the Mona Lisa, lol...a flaw on what is otherwise a masterpiece!

6. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Member

Thank you as well. So maybe this is just the way it is. Bummer if that's the case.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  7. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Limited edition Robeast Wins version IMO

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good grief! Is it really broken or did the factory worker forget the screw on the other side? Either way I hope your retailer can get you a replacement.

• Like Like x 2
  9. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The legs on my Red sit pretty flush, although I don't really feel like they "lock in" or anything like that. I can use my fingers to push them in a tiny bit further against the body, but as soon as I let go, they move back out.

Since I'm returning him anyways, I figured I'd open up the leg to see what exactly was going on:

[​IMG]

The metal pin (second from the right) is designed to lock tightly into that post/hole assembly in the upper leg, but on mine it just slips out.

10. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Member

Sounds like your red lion is like mine then. Thanks. Sorry to see your Black Lion down for the count, but I'm glad you are getting it taken care of.

Have you tried the sword with the red lion?

BTW, Voltron S2 is off to a crazy start! I felt like they were trolling the heck out of the old fans in S2E1!

• Like Like x 2
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Season 2 was fucking great, and definitely feels like thew two seasons are just one big season.

Even though it was obvious, the deviations in season one are merely a prelude to developements in season 2.

I totally want a toy of... that thing from the finale. Anyone who's watched it will know what I mean. :D 

12. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

I'm the same. I am more and more prone to pay a little more and order from BBTS, HLJ or Toysource just for the hassle free smooth customer service, and English language support. Especially on big ticket items. I've come to view it like paying a little extra for insurance.

I.n my experience most SOC's are not great sword holders. It's mostly pose, then secure the sword or it will get knocked out. It isn't unique to Voltron. Largely because most don't have fixed pose sword holding fists. The artulated fingers with palm tab approach looks great for posing the hands, but is meh at gripping the swords. Voltron may be worse as he doesn't have actual hands.

13. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched 2 episodes of Voltron Season 2

Blue lion gets his weapon & Hunk says "You brought the sonic BOOM on him!" Just like the toy! :D 

Also I dont know if I am playing with Voltron too much, but his sword and shiny surfaces are getting scratched/scuffed alot!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Just watched the entire Season 2 and wow....well done man, well done...I...I'm put back..I'm put back by it- they did such a good job. A +

15. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Which Voltron are you talking about, with the scuffs?

16. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legendary combiner

17. GoldenLagoon

GoldenLagoon Failure: Impossible

First time SOC and Voltron for that matter. Only took me 30 years?? He is one sexy beast for sure and I still can't believe I've got him. Glad I was able to cancel my Madtoys order. Sorry to hear about the qc issues some are having. Mine seems a ok so far, hope he holds up well over time. I do have a slight black smudge on the silver torso, but it's not bad and may try some mild soap on it.

I hope down the line we see an SRC version Voltron for just messing around with for fun.

Question: Are the dark grey lion accessories cartoon accurate? Seem kind of meh to me

IMG_0317.JPG

18. dante78

dante78 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Gotta say, the Legendary Combiner is freakin' awesome for it's considerably low price. The whole thing is very show-accurate and is a blast to mess with. I just wish I could pop off the Black lion wings and form the shield.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we please keep the season 2 conversation out of this thread before someone openly posts spoilers. There's are thread for the show already. Post about it there.

• Like Like x 3