Voltron-related thriftstore find...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Methusalen, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Hey guys,
    I happened to be in the area of a thrift store I haven't been to in a while, so I thought I'd drop in and see if I could find anything neat... Outside of a few Happy Meal TF's, I did happen to find one neat piece...

Now, like many thrift stores; most of the toys were stuffed multiple items to a baggie.
    At first I saw the tail end (the main body) among a bunch of scrap, which piqued my interest; especially after I noticed a tiny sticker on it that said "Voltron"... I had to take a look around and see if I could find the rest of it, so I left the bag behind and kept looking...

Much to my surprise, I later saw what appeared to be the head of the Black Lion (IE: Lion Force Voltron's head). This head was a bit odd though, as it had a weird metal pin sticking out the rear of it... and little, tiny red wings????

After snagging that bag, as well as going back for the first one; I headed up to the checkout. I paid my $4 for the two bags (a buck-something each), I headed out to the car and ripped the baggies open... Quickly figuring out how to put them back together (not broken, just separated), I tried the little button on the "lion's" back... and the head lit up! Opening the lion's mouth (forming Voltron's head), I quickly discovered what it was I held in my hands...

A VOLTRON FLASHLIGHT!
    [​IMG]
    -Not my image, but the same item...

I opened up the battery compartment (luckily the pervious owner had replaced them, leaving the battery compartment nice and minty), and found what I was looking for... A W.E.P. copyright stamp dated 1985! Genuine, vintage Voltron!

2. Bashaa

Bashaa Well-Known Member

Awsome find you have there.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I had that & I also had something that looked very similar, but it was some sort of toy cell phone or something.