Heavy/Scratch: Voltron force

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MALFUNCTION, Dec 28, 2011.

1. MALFUNCTION

MALFUNCTION Well-Known Member

No way! Mine will have a much different look, im going to go for more mechanical futuristic figure, the 23" is a great collector piece but still on the wimpy side. Im looking for a more menacing figure like the reference pics ive posted.

I agree with you guys 100 percent!

2. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    One question I am curious about. I had plans to articulate my 98 reissue Voltron as well. How do you plan to work around the hip mechanics of Black Lion?

3. MALFUNCTION

Ive been using a lot of rotating, ratcheting joints leftover from chopped up transformer projects.

4. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    awesome!...Voltron was always my fave too...never had him as a child, just stood by eniously as i saw ohers at school with him...

have you played the $10 downloadable PS3 game?...its not bad...the very least you get the Voltron theme on yer PS3 :D 

5. MALFUNCTION

Same here Eddie, I had parts of voltron never the whole figure, but when i got older i bought every version there was to make up for not having him as a kid. Which is my main motivation for building this custom which will probably be my biggest custom ever. Thanks for the tip ill have to download that game now...lol.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you have to go to MATTYCOLLECTOR.COM and join the lion force to get that huge voltron.

7. MALFUNCTION

I'll definitely be joining.:) 

8. God Convoy

God Convoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    holy crap man... THIS IS OUTRIGHT MAGNIFICENT!!! much cooler that the revised Voltron Force cartoon! I was hoping that the new voltron cartoon was going to use the old lions... i like the new designs, but the character designs... not so much...

keep it up!

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That looks sweet.

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Wrong.

MattyCollector.com Online Store - VoltronĀ® Classics

$50 for the torso, $40 a leg, $35 an arm. Pilots ($15 a piece) are separate & optional. That's $200 for the whole thing (minus pilots). Less than half of what you said.

Subscriptions ended in October, I think. You should still be able to get all of them except for the exclusive sixth pilot. Just be prepared to deal with Matty's order BS to get them (the subscription not only gets you the extra pilot, but you're guaranteed all the figures, and they ship to you as they're available - no worrying about being online at the right time & battling others for them).

11. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

WHOA!!! I was way off! I got that number from someone who is big into MOTU, so I thought he was in the know. man....thats very tempting. Hmm...

Thanks for the correction! I was a little disapointed in the "book" version that came out, and I think this one looks alot better.

R!

EDIT: Didn't know the figures where sold separately.

12. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    can't wait to see it...i really wish all toys were ACCURATERLY 1:18th scaled, my prefered scale...it would be so awesome if all toys were playable together and HUGE!...i'm a big G.I.*JOE fan (hence my screen name) and being able to use them with all other toys would be incredible...i'm assuming if your plan is to use this custom with Joes, that your Voltron will be 1:18th'ish?

13. MALFUNCTION

Heres a better picture of the figures and their vehicles i will be modifying and integrating into this voltron.

[​IMG]

14. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    No worries.

I think the Masterpiece version looks a lot sleeker than the new one, but doesn't come with pilots, is only about a foot tall, and has a lot of diecast (I wasn't able to get the all-plastic rerelease) which makes it harder to pose. Not that the new one will be easier to pose, but - G.I. Joe sized pilots!! (Whom I'm fine with riding in the lions' backs.)

15. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    i too prefer the MP version...weird that its smaller, yet has more detail...the 23"er seems very bland...

didn't know there was a plastic MP version...that'd be nice...my dicast Voltron is a b!tch to pose

16. MALFUNCTION

I agree with both you, as much as I love this never version and cherish my masterpiece version, I still am really looking forward to completing version in a more menacing style, extreme bulk, and a lot more articulation.

17. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    that ^ bit is what i most eager to see...i know it'll be difficult, even $$$ at the size you are doing, but a lot of detail will be awesome!