Voltron dvds

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by CVprowl, Feb 3, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

2. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

haha. ok i found it with a better description. these are the dvds im looking for!

3. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

You know, you could just buy the Voltron Lion Force vol. 1 and 2 sets, which is the same thing minus the tins.

4. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get the ko set all in one for much cheaper.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

thanks guys! i will check it out!

was that voltron movie they have listed with the 5 tins any good? was it part of the original cartoon story line?

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

As crazy as it sounds, Mac, some people do like to buy authentic copies of things.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Anime Works also recently re-released the Japanese version, Beast King GoLion. If you're interested in what Voltron was like before translation and having some of the content altered for american content laws, you could check that out too.

8. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

CVProwl... keep in mind that vol 1-5 are just the lion force episodes. There is another 3 vol set for the vehicle force. You'll need all eight to have the complete series.

9. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Fleet of Doom

Fleet of Doom is interesting... Can't really call it good... But it is part of the original continuity. It's a crossover between Lion Voltron & Vehicle Voltron... It reused footage from both series (hence the uncertainty of calling it good), mixed w/ new animation.

I got the Lion Tins for $15 - $30 each, so that you probably won't find them cheaper than you already have.

I have all 5 Lion tins, & Vols. 7 & 8 (the last 2) of the Vehicle Force Box Sets, as well as the Fleet of Doom movie.

As I said in the other thread, Best Voltron Lion Force, Vol. 6 (first of VV) had production run problems, but all the others are fine. Vol. 6 was so bad, I wound up returning it 5 times before giving up on finding a working set of discs & just took my money back.

I'd still check Best Buy for Voltron DVDs, they MAY still have some, but it's been a while since I've been in an aile that'd have it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...otion,+synonymns]&pu=defaultusr&pt=1297058401

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for an entire set of the Lions to be put out. One big series set in a box that looks like the Castle of Lions would rock!!

11. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    That would be cool... No point in me getting it, as I have the Tins...

But the most recent release is everying in 2 parts.

Those are nearest the top if you follow the link from my previous post. I know FUNimation releases their popular items individually, then in 2 collected volumes, then as a complete box set... It isn't impossible Voltron could, eventually, see a full box release, but I doubt they'd do the box as the Castle... It would be cool if they did though.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The entire series is available on Netflix Instant (minus the Fleet of Doom, but you can get the disc.)

13. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    No.

14. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Agreed, I've got Voltron volumes 1-8 as well as Fleet of Doom, but man that show is pretty awful, however as Beast King GoLion its not half bad, certainly more entertaining than in its neutered version, I advise ordering those as well as long as you don't mind subtitles. And if you're looking for the tin sets, thats about as good of a price as you'll find, walmart does sell them for about $17 and a year or so ago around Christmas time they had them at most of there stores if you wanted to go that route.

15. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

check amazon for the tins. i got volumes 3-5 last month for less than $6 each.

16. Captain Craig

I saw this. Despite wanting to hold out for a complete box set I just couldn't pass that up. I went ahead and put vol1-2 in my cart and hopefully I can catch those at a bigger discount now.

I also got the 2000 era He-Man cartoon. All 40 episodes for $6 as well.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw 1 tin at Kmart this past Christmas..but honestly, I don't remember which volume(s), but they were that price too.

18. Captain Craig

Found another seller on Amazon who had vol.1 for $12 and vol.2 for $15 so I went ahead and got them. They were 50% off or better for new still in the shrink wrap. Knew I didn't want to risk the series being out of production and that finding the first two volumes for around $5 like the others was likely wishful thinking.

Still that means that I'll have acquired all 5 volumes for only $45 vs the full retail price which is closer to $150. I'm pleased with that.

I have the Vehicle sets in my Amazon cart. If some good deals show up on those I may have to get those.

With the new cartoon coming out soon my interest is back up in Voltron.