Voltron DVD set

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tigeraikidragon, Oct 28, 2006.

1. tigeraikidragon

tigeraikidragon Member

Hiya. I'm a transformers fan and voltron fan as well. I am a Deaf person, and have a question regarding the new voltron 2 dvd set in the metal case. When I looked it up on the internet, I checked to see if it's closed caption or if it has subtitle. It stated that it does. But when I went to walmart and best buy. The package says nothing about closed caption or subtitle. I'd hate to buy them and find out it's not. Does anybody on here the dvd that they can check for me to see if it's really is does have closed caption or english subtitle? Thank you in advance- Joey

2. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I just checked it and it doesn't have either. That really sucks as almost all dvds have subtitles now. Sorry.

3. tigeraikidragon

tigeraikidragon Member

That don't make sense at all. This website DVD alien state it is ( http://www.dvdalien.com/product.asp?upc=631595064575 ) and amazon as well. I attatch a link to make sure it's a right one. I know they had several voltron release. man I'm bummed that's it's not CC or subtitle. thanks for checking. Joe

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Not trying to derail the thread, but can you read lips tigera? And if you can, how well do the mouths of cartoons line up?

I'm just curious. Obviously someone like Optimus you couldn't tell, but can you tell what Megatron is saying?

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    let me check. I've had DVDs say CC on them and saw there were no subtitles (I use them with commentary). Well I just found out I can use the CC on my TV in place of the subtitles on disk..

Ok just checked and no Closed Captioning or subtitles sorry.

6. tigeraikidragon

tigeraikidragon Member

No, you can't read lips in cartoon, they do not line up as human lips do. At most you can get is the emotion reading the anime of expression. That's about it. That question about lipreading gave me a chuckle. The first time I was asked that. The guy at best buy asked me if I could read lip transformers when I was wanting to buy the transformers dvd box set. Joe

7. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinking that was the case.

Ok, so my next question would be, Do you catch yourself paying attention to other people's conversations at restarants or other public places?

8. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I googled for Voltron scripts, but came up empty handed. So, I just put up a post on a Voltron site that I visit on occassion, http://voltron.purrsiathunder.net/, and asked if anyone has or has links to Voltron scripts. Not sure how convenient it would be for you to use the scripts while watching the shows, tigeraikidragon, but it would sure be more fulfilling than reading their lips! I'll let you know if anything comes of it, or, you could join the site yourself. That site is kinda small, but the lady that runs it and the devoted board members are really down to earth and helpful. Good luck!

9. tigeraikidragon

tigeraikidragon Member

As for me lipreading and watching other people's conversation. Once in a while I do that, but I avoid it becuase you'd almost look like you're trying to put a curse on them staring at them. Many time I just ignore it unless somebody has a booming voice that get my attention or shouting match. For me, I can't keep up with conversation between two people, because of sideway view of the lips and they go back and forth quite fast sometime. Funny thing is, the movie Irobot, sometime I catch myself thinking, is the robot's mouth really moving as in sync with the words that come out of his mouth? Rarely does it ever. -Joe