Voltron 1 2 3?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by red00wolf, Nov 9, 2007.

1. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I need some help i now know ther is at least 3 kinds of voltrons but excapt for the lion 1 i cant find any info on the other figures. if u know anything about the other2 or have pics id be forever greatfull..umm the 1 whos most helpfull gets a confection of there choice..A MAGIC CONFECTION! so anyway please help! also pics of the toys would be most welcome.

2. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

3. red00wolf

yeah they dont really have any pics of the figures. but thanks.

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    www.voltron.com

Click on "LEARN"

There ya go. :thumb 

5. red00wolf

thanks but i still need pics of the toys. however that was very helpful.:thumb  EDIT looks like i dident say i need pics of the toy in the first post opps.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-VOLTRON...lete-RARE_W0QQitemZ180161842933QQcmdZViewItem

Not great photos, but it's a start. Voltron 1, or Gladiator Voltron (search that phrase) was comprised of three robots commonly called Red, Black, and Blue.

Their real names were Juan, Miguel, and Carlos, though. They all took it pretty hard when Lion's show took off and they were laid off in Japan. Juan found solace in Jesus, but Miguel and Carlos were killed in a shootout with DEA agents of the coast of Miami sometime in the late '80s.

EDIT: Here's a bunch of Vehicle and Gladiator Voltron pics: http://images.google.com/images?hl=...s&q=voltron+vehicle&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi and http://images.google.com/images?svn...icrosoft:en-us:IE-Address&q=gladiator+voltron

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
  8. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

Masterpiece Voltron is pure love.

9. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

HOLY HELL!!! So that's what I have, a Black Gladiator Voltron.
    (Also had a mini version of vehicle, but 80% of the piece are lost.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    as a kid I liked Vehicle Voltron better than Lion, because he had rollerskates and was Scorponok sized. Nowadays, all I got it is a KO of VV and the plastic Trendmasters LV (on the plus side, the KO has a cool sword that the original didnt)

11. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I used to have the one with the airplane on his head. That one rocked then, but I refuse to buy one now. I think I'd just make fun of it and myself for being so into it back then.

12. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    God, Dairugger XV/Vehicle Voltron is so damn ugly. I honestly can't see why people like it.

13. red00wolf

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    That second one there looks pretty cool... I might need to track it down. Spider-bot... Spider-bot... does whatever a spider-bot does.

red00wolf... I loled at your sig.

15. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. red00wolf

wich part of it?

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    the first part

18. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I disagree. There's just something about him that I like better than the other 2 Voltron versions. I agree, the 15 characters/vehicles in it isn't as interesting as the Lion Force, but I think he looks alot cooler, especially when he forms his blazing sword. That is the last robot that needs an update and I'll be happy. Come on Soul of Chojokin or Toynami or whoever:banghead: 

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    it's the rollerskates

20. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    *Dairugger XV: Vehicle Team - Defender of the Near Universe

Concept

There are three assault team units: Land, Air, and Sea. There are a total of 15 parts referred to as "Rugger," which can combine together to form the super-robot Dairugger. The design of the 15 separate Rugger units came from the sport of rugby, since 15 players are required to form a rugby union.[1] The U.S. version would rename the "Galbeston Empire" to "Drule Empire," along with editing a fair amount of violence and sexual content to keep the show safe for general audience broadcast.

At the time of Dairugger XV's screenwriting and original design, there was no intended plan to merge it with what eventually became Voltron. In fact, World Events Productions' original plan was to buy the rights to two other Japanese series — Lightspeed ElectroGod Albegas as "Voltron II," and the older 1979 Future Robo Daltanius as "Voltron III." The plan never materialized, and Dairugger was the only show left to be adapted into the Voltron universe.
    ****http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dairugger_XV****

*Golion: Lion Team - Defender of the Far Universe

Changes for Voltron

Main article: Voltron#Changes from Japanese version

In addition to the name changes mentioned above, footage was heavily edited and re-assembled by World Events Productions in the U.S. to create Voltron. Dialogue was completely rewritten, character deaths were omitted, graphic violence was drastically reduced, and plot events were changed. In addition, Toei created animation specifically for a plot arc for the U.S. series that was never broadcast in the original GoLion.
    ****http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoLion****

*Albegas: Gladiator Team - Defender of the Middle Universe

Voltron and Albegas

The original plan was to introduce Albegas into the Voltron universe as the third portion of the Voltron: Defender of the Universe series, but due to negative viewer reaction to the Dairugger XV-derived portion of the series, the plan was ultimately scrapped.[1] Albegas toys were still released, however, as "Voltron II" (a.k.a., "Gladiator Voltron") in the Matchbox Voltron toy line. Ultimately, Albegas did eventually appear in the U.S. in unaltered form as a laserdisc arcade game from Sega
    ****http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albegas****

*Daltanius: Voltron IV - Defender of nothing because the other three had it handled
    Daltanius and Voltron

The Japanese Mirai Robo Daltanius series was originally planned to be adapted by World Events Productions as one act of the Voltron: Defender of the Universe series in the United States and abroad. Unlike the ill-fated Light Speed Electric God Albegas conversion (which never even materialized, due to the lower ratings of the Dairugger XV Voltron run), the pilot episode of Daltanius was actually translated and dubbed into English, and adapted to fit the Voltron mythos. This pilot episode was test-marketed by World Events in locales such as Hawaii (and, reportedly, San Francisco), but was never again re-broadcast after these airings.

One factor which led to the scuttling of these plans was the intention to have the three-act Voltron trilogy (similar to Robotech's three-act adapted structure) consist of Daltanius (whose robot featured a lion-component on its chest), Dairugger XV (the "Vehicle Voltron"), and Albegas ("Gladiator Voltron"). When requesting master tapes from Toei Animation for translation purposes, the World Events producers mentioned that they should be sent "[The] ones with the lion." Mistakenly, Toei then proceeded to ship World Events copies of Hyakujuu-ou Golion — another "combining-robot" animé featuring lion-shaped fighters. In this case, however, the World Events producers greatly preferred the GoLion series to Daltanius, and the GoLion episodes went on to become arguably the most popular portion of the original Voltron run.

A rather remarkable irony is that as a Voltron, Daltanius would have been composed from one Lion, one Vehicle, and one Gladiator.
    ****http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daltanius****