Voices of The Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Muddawg Storm, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muddawg Storm

Muddawg Storm Member

So far very interesting turning of events have unfolded here recently regarding the voice actors of the Transformers in the new live movie. It started months back when the veteran and voice actor Peter Cullen was hired to voice the role we all remember and love Optimus Prime. Then came the disappointing announcement that Hugo Weaving would voice Megatron instead of the man who IMO made Megatron who he is, Frank Welker (I still am hoping that this is still a sick early April fools joke). Then recently came the announcement that Keith David will put a twist on things when he adds his talented voice as Barricade. Now that leaves a serious discussion open on who we would like to see voice the rest of the crew. Here are some of my choices that I have put together for Ironhide, Starscream, and Jazz. I am still up in air about the rest of the crew, any thoughts?

-Ironhide - Peter Cullen (Since he voice both Prime and Ironhide in the original series)

-Starscream - Mark Hamill (Cause he was so sadistic as the voice of the Joker from Batman)

-Jazz - Will Smith (All because of his rap music and entertaining background, and that was what Jazz was all about)

2. perceptor30

perceptor30 perceptor30

I think that maybe the voice for Ironhide could be Sam Elliott. He has a medium deep voice and a good southern draw to his speaking. As for jazz, Will Smith could work, but Jazz had a little bit of attitude and impatience. For these reasons i would pick Ice T. He has serious attitude and a huge rap background. But this is just my opinion. Agree or disagree with the above mentioned actors?
    :thumb  :thumbdown 

3. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ironhide - Sam Elliott (altho the fangirl in me says Cullen) or Michael Ironside.

StarScream - Welker (per the allspark.com clip) or Hamill.

Jazz - Smith, SLJ, Denzel. IceT has tooo much attitude regardless of what's coming out of his mouth - not always angry black man 'tude, just 'tude - which Jazz didn't always have pouring out of him.

Ratchet - Larry Kenney (Lion-O of thunderCats, and otehr bits of VA over the years) or Ironside. edited - Rene Auberjonois (Odo on ST:D S9 & lots of VA)

BumbleBee - original VA or Hugh Jackman (since his voice may be a bit...rough...at first, due to the previous damage).

4. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    I don't wanna ruin your little party, but do you really think that Hugo Weaving voicing Megs is an early April Fools joke?? Come on, you know better than that.

About the other VA:

Maybe Welker will voice a different TF. And I really hope Will Smith is not gonna voice Jazz. That would be so stupid.

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.