Voice Actor Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sound Blaster, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Ok we know that Peter Cullen did prime's voice and Hugo Weaving as Megatron(Frank Welker should have done it) Fuck Michael Bay! what does he know?

Well this brought up a list of the character's that the original voice actors didn't do:

Ironhide (Was Cullen) why the change?
    Bumblee = Dan Gilvezan in the original series (Not In Film)
    Jazz = Scatman Crothers (I know he is no longer with us) thus the change
    Ratchet = Don Messick (he has passed on as well) OK
    Starscream = Chris Latta (one of the best and he passed away too) Change
    Megatron = Frank Welker (No change should have been made)

I'm just asking that in any other sequel's are they going to cut Peter Cullen out of the act and bring someone new in or keep things the way they are? I'd love to have all of the old G1 actors do the voices it's just the right thing to do in my opinion.

And when they do a sequel i'd love to see these characters with the original G1 voice actors:

Shockwave
    Skywarp
    Thundercracker
    Soundwave
    Brawn
    Brawn
    Cliffjumper
    Reflector
    Arcee
    Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod
    Laserbeak/Buzzsaw
    Ultra Magnus
    Ravage
    Rumble
    Trailbreaker
    Dinobots
    etc.

You know it's a nice idea but I know it will never happen even if most of the actors/actresses are still alive....:2c: 

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I'm glad Hugo Weaving voiced Megatron. Based on the prequel clips with Welker voicing Megatron, Bay was right.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The change was that Prime and IH's voices were too similar. If IH had a smaller role maybe but it was way too evident it was the same guy.

I disagree. He sounds way too weak and un-dignified for that body.

Well, if Frank welker wants to, you got about a third of your pick right there.

Truely. What does a film director know about directing films?

4. Sound Blaster

No he wasn't I heard it he wasn't that bad and it was the first take he did voice the video game and I could tell it was him..besides this is coming from Bay who changed Brawl to Devastator because "He liked the name" OK so that means I like the name Bruticus so I can call Starscream that now......:crazy: 

"If it's not broke don't fix it"

Sorry but that's your :2c: 

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I agree. Other than Hugo sounding better for the part, the movie isn't G1, never was, never will be, yet some people will still not get over that. Personally, I hope they continue to get more unknowns for the voice actors. It gives others a chance at the spotlight, and you never know, there could be some great talent out there just waiting.

Edit: Also, I think this classifies as sequel discussion- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=141368

6. Sound Blaster

OK another opinion then why cast Cullen then? And no this is NOT a prequel thread

So quit trying to do this :hijacked: 

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    1. It's really hard to read what you're saying when you don't use periods. Brawl/Devastator was different. There's not going to be combiners like gesalts in the movies because it takes up too much of the cast and is beyond cheesy.

Plus, Devastator fit that character just as well as Brawl. Big green guy that's nearly impossible to take down unless everyone gangs up on him, sounds like Devs to me.

THIS ISN'T G1, DUDE. The names don't have to match the faces. As long as Prime is Prime and Megs is Megs it doesn't really matter who's name goes on who. We've had way too many TF series to fit one name to one face.

2. It's "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Which in this case, there were certain aspects that were "broke" that needed "fixen'" for realism and film's sake.

For the sake of the fans. He could also still do the voice and it matched the character well enough to work.

Who's hijacking anything?

Yeah, it is. Just like your comment is yours. That's no reason not to have a discussion. And why would you be sorry for it?

8. Sound Blaster

Funny thing is that alot of people were bitching about this when the movie came out then all I say is that just because Bay thought is was cool then they changed it?

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    His voice sounds good for Movie Prime, it's also a nice little treat for us fans, where Welker's Megatron voice doesn't sound right coming out of Movie Megs, and they're better off finding someone who can do a better voice, than risk making the character sound like he's about to die. No offense to Welker, but, the voice just wouldn't fit the character.

Edit: Unless you're trying to hijack your own thread, there hasen't been any hijacking of the thread as of yet.

10. Sound Blaster

Yes but without G1 we wouldn't have the rest correct? And if this isn't "G1" then why are all of the characters from the "G1" universe?

With the exception of Blackout (Vortex Clone)
    & Barricade

:crazy: 

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No, people will hate the movie for good reasons or no reason at all. Some people hated it before then saw the movie and were plesantly surprised.

12. Sound Blaster

I loved it and am only curious about certain "Small" items that I thought needed to be "Tweeked"

:2c: 

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Most of the characters in the movie weren't just in G1. IIRC, Gary Chalk voiced Prime in more series than Peter Cullen, so why not him?(though I'm glad that they chose Cullen) Yeah, the series started with G1, but just because it was the first doesn't mean it's the definite best in every criteria

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    None of the characters arte from the G1 universe. The names are and the characters have similar traits, but it's not G1. Cybertron wasn't G1, Armada wasn't G1, RID wasn't G1. Just because G1 satrted it all does that mean every single series has to be a direct reproduction of G1 in every single way? That would get really boring don't ya think?

Please don't call me crazy.

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

It's also demeaning

16. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

Honestly, I don't care who voices the characters, as long as they don't sound like some old cheesy cartoon character in the modern age, and actually fit what kind of character we're looking at.

Hugo Weaving made a better Megatron for the movie, I agree with most on this. Not that Frank Welker can't pull that kind of menacing voice off, but I think it would be rather rude to ask him to change his own G1 Megatron voice to something else. Fans would go even more batshit than they are already.

As for Optimus, that was one homage to G1 that actually worked out. Mr. Cullen still had to audition and whatnot like any other actor. It just so happened that he fulfilled Michael Bay's requirements.

---

On a side note, I foresee this thread spiraling downwards in the most hopeless fashion soon...

17. Sound Blaster

Yes but what was the FIRST series that INTRODUCED the Transformers?

And they have SIMILIAR modes to G1 so they are "Basing" that off of the original TF

Crazy? Who you are looking into something here

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Oh sure, they nased tons of stuff off G1 in the film. It's called Homage. That still doesn't make it G1. Every TF series has Homage to G1. Is it G1? NO. Only G1 is G1. It's not like the movie had to have any nods to G1 at all, be thankful for what we got.

I have no idea what you just said, but the little icon you used while refering to my post was "crazy". Hence, you called me crazy, which I did not like.

19. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Megatron was a jet in G1? I must be getting old

Unless you're talking about robot modes, then you're still off. The only ones I can see that are similar are Prime and maybe Jazz, other that, nada.

(To the "crazy" comment)What?

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The movie is loosely, no, very loosely based off of G1, that doesn't mean that it should be a slave to every detail in G1, and have to have every single detail accurate to what boils down to an 80's toy commercial. The smiley :) crazy:)  is used to symbolize crazyness, which means you were calling him crazy. Would you like to be called crazy? I honestly doubt it.