Voice Actor Cast List

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by llamatron, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Darius McCrary as Jazz and NO Keith David?....

As a wise one once said......."Well that smells stinkawhich!"

I'll guess i'll have to wait and see how this turns out before I can slam it any further.

2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not kidding. It was reported by people who went to the Sydney, AU, premier the other day. The Autobots speak English in order to communicate with the humans, whereas the Decepticons see little need to, so the Decepticons communicate using their native language, subtitled so we can understand it. Some of the Decepticons do use English, though, sometimes.

3. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

B6:

Yup. It's great that they're going with VAs instead of celebrity voices. The big names do good work too, but the characters usually don't end up having their own voices; they end up with "Owen Wilson's voice" or "Robin Williams' voice".
    It's not bad, but it does bump you out of the film's world a little.

4. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    stone cold steve austin should have been ironhide =(

5. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Why is it that they go with lesser known VA's for all the characters on the cast of the movie, EXCEPT for Megatron? It makes no sense at all. If you are going to bring all of these VA's in to do the voices, you might as well of kept Frank Welker.

Right now, Hugo Weaving is sticking out like a sore thumb.

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Well said, and I totally agree - but I'm in with the group that says the Keith David bit is a typo. It's gotta be.

7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Charlie Adler as Starscream will be hilarious... :)  He's the Red Guy in cow and chicken, among others... :) 

I guess Jess Harnell is doing the 'picked up from radio' snippets BB is going to say.

No Keith David? :(  I was looking forward to hearing his voice from Barricade.

Interesting that Frenzy and Bonecrusher have voice actors - none of them had any lines in the leaked script, that's a good sign.

Brawl is apparently mute, though.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok so some where I missed this, but Brawl is not in the movie? Or is he?

9. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was afraid this wouldn't be changed from the script. And "KRzzztttt" is simply 'Krzzzttt' even if Charlie Adler is saying it. :( 

Will Megatron have any lines in english? Not too likely given what he says to Prime about speaking in the language of an inferior race...

10. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I was noticing that too. Seems they shot their budget load early by signing Hugo and then decided to go for the bargain VA's :( 

11. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Ok, so finally there's a VA list. Well, I dunno what to say. I believe in the fact that they did not go for the uber celebrities, but on the other hand I'm curious to see how things will work out with these names. I just hope everything sounds cool and in place.

12. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:

Well Brawl isn't "Devastator" Is lol....

Yesh, Decepticons speak English, Bonecrushers VA will probably be doing the "Urrrrrrrrrrrrrr Grrr" Type Acting. Frenzy speaks really fast, sort of like Blur from what i have read.

13. jynx

jynx New Member

Gotta remember something... Big names = Big money for a sequel. If one of these guys screws up it's easy to replace them for a sequel... but like xmen.. If Hugh Jackman doesn't sign on... well wolverine won't be in the sequel... same deal here.

14. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Geez. Way to make them even less then any Decepticons before them...

BTw, what's up with this Brawl-Devastator buisness? The toy is called Brawl, all versions of it so far... yet I was curious why Simon Furman was saying he's writing a Devastator special for the first UK edition of the Movie comic. Maybe they changed the name back to the Work in progress name in the last minute? He is called Devastator in the leaked script, like Blackout is called Vortex. Maybe they both get renamed? WEird, can't be copyright issues, the Classics and Energon Devastators are proof of that.

15. Karnage

Karnage Active Member

According to IMDB, it has him down as G1 Silverbolt, Buster Bunny in Tiny Toons, and Professor Monkey For A Head in Earthworm Jim.

16. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Well, to be fair, R2-D2's vocabulary basically consisted of "Beep", "Bloop", "Woooo", and, "WAAAAAAAAA!" and yet still managed to show more personality and character than most other characters in all six Star Wars movies. So there is still potential room for a lot of personality to show through. At least I hope so.

And I do think Megatron does speak in English for at least a few key lines.

I think it was just a typo/mistake on one of the subtitles. It'll probably (hopefully) be fixed by the time the movie is released.

It's still Brawl to me, that much I do know.

17. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Ok, so did a few searches.

- Jess Harnell doing Barricade and Ironhide, has done (indeed) Wakko in Animaniacs.

- Jimmy Wood doing Bonecrusher, couldn't find any info about this guy, but is the guy from the movie 'The Wizard' ??? Youtube link --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=XL2VnAaJ4j4

- Mark Ryan doing Bumblebee, he played in a couple of 'JAG' episodes and played the Captain in 'The Prestige'.

- Robert Foxworth doing Ratchet, played in 'Syriana' and in some Star Trek serie where he played an admiral Leyton.

- Darius McCrary doing Jazz, has (indeed) played Eddie in the sitcom 'Family Matters'.

- Charlie Adler doing Starscream, well we all know (indeed) that he's been in 'Cow and Chicken', so he is capable I guess.

- Reno Wilson doing Frenzy, has played in the 'Cosby Show' as Roy Wilson.

I'm very curious now to hear the bots :D  :D 

18. X-Brawn

X-Brawn Well-Known Member

So, Wakko Warner/Captain Hero is playing "Arnhahd" and Prow- er... Barricade, Eddie Winslow is Jazz, and G1 Silverbolt is Starscream.

Well, I can't say the cast isn't talented...

19. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

And a Vulcan in the final season of ENTERPRISE, a rogue admiral (again) in BABYLON 5 and an alien leader in STARGATE SG-1!

He has a very distinctive voice and with the glorious gift of hindsight, I can easily see (hear) him as a Transformer!

I'm surprised to hear some people falling into the "star" trap here, especially given how even Peter Cullen is an 'unknown' to most people outside of TF fandom. As long as they do a good job, it doesn't matter whether these actors are 'stars' or not.
    I'm presuming Hugo Weaving didn't just get the job because he was Hugo Weaving. He had to audition like everyone else and he gave a good account of the role.

20. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Definitely dissapointed by the lack of Keith David.

So if Brawl and Blackout are actually still Devastator and Vortex in the movie, I guess that kills the chance of having the Constructicons show up in Transformers 2 to form Devastator then, huh?