Viva Pinatta disc read errors.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Apr 27, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, yesterday I got Viva Pinatta and been getting some nasty troubles with it.

First I placed the CD in and got a disc read error, not a big deal really I thought, try again and it works. I got to see the colorful intro and got that goofy theme music in my head now... bastards.....

I start a new game and need to name my garden, "Garden of Justice" in this case... ha..., at the very first loading screen, the one that has your deed on it, it crashed.

Tried launching the game again, it loads and I'm able to do some stuff in the tutorial, I noticed that when a character's dialogue appeared there wasnt any voice for that character. When I got to the first "romance" mini game it crashed again.

Tried again, game wouldnt load "Garden of Justice" so I shoot for a new garden, got though the tutorial but then it crashed on me during game.

Go again, disc read error, go again, I actually had the Xbox 360 read it as a multimedia DVD.

And lately it would sometimes load the game, but still crash, or disc read errors or read the disc as a DVD.

Sooooooo, I'm honestly hoping that I have a defect CD and my Xbox is still fine.

I have a Intercooler on my Xbox for cool down. R6:Las Vegas and Gears of War run fine, I've played one movie on it and the movie worked fine (Blade Runner).

Any ideas?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Lucky you, that game is on the Microsoft "free" replacement list. I think you have to pay shipping or something.

3. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Probley a bad disc, and those coolers that go on the back of the console, I never hear anything good about them. If your 360 is already in the open there is 0 need for it. All I hear is it doenst push enuf of the hot air out and get cool air in to help the conosle, and can actually lower its lifespan.

4. DaggersRage

No, the 360 is not in the open. As far as heat dispostion goes, the 360 is not in a particularly good spot for that. The fan I have on it is doing wonders so far, the top of the console use to feel very hot, now I feel the "coolness" of the metal frame.

This may not contribute much to the heat, but it's spring time in Florida, that doesnt mean it's warm down here, its just hot, and in summer it's hotter.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    What's the store's return policy?
    It seems like you got a bad DVD.
    They should have no problem exchanging it for the same game.

The situation you describe reminds me of all the bad CDs Sega pressed when the Dreamcast first launched.

I know the graphics are not realistic, but Viva Pinata has some crazy good visuals, doesn't it?

6. DaggersRage

Yes it does!

Graphics dont have to be realistic in order to look good :) 

7. Savanna

I love my Viva, I should maybe finish it someday.

And which Cooler are you running. The problems I hear are from Nyko ones.

8. DaggersRage

Oooooooooooh now you have to make things worse, yes, it's the Nyko intercooler. This is leading some conflects. I did my reasearch before getting the Nyko, I've been getting more good word on it than bad.

9. Savanna

I just go by firend that got them, not review sites.

10. DaggersRage

What do you hear?

11. Savanna

Of the 6 peoepl I know that picked one up, 2 of them just failed after a few weeks, which they didnt notice it was to late, one didnt move the air good enuf to were the 360 go to hot to run after a hour. 1 other thinks it killed his consoles life, but cant be sure since it had problems before he used it. Only 2 have lasted out of the 6.

12. DaggersRage

Well if this adds any closure to anything. I got a 2nd Viva Pinatta disk and all is well now with that game. I'll keep my eye on the cooler, thanks for the heads up Savanna.

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have that problem with my Dead Rising disc, every so often it'll say disc 'cannot be read' but everything else works fine.

Hmm.