Visor = Vison???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundwave2, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Seeing Mark's Metroplex project, I wondered to myself, Do the TF's with visor's have more of a field of vision? Or are they just like sunglasses where they have 2 "eyes" underneath it? I'm sure it's nothing more than to make bots look different & cooler, but I know most ppl like to come up with their own theories so let me know what's yours.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Well, with Alternators, we can clearly see eyes behind the visors of Jazz and Grimlock.

In the old Marvel comics, we often caught glimpses of the eyes behind visors via shading (action master grimlock, particularly).

Whenever Transformers with visors take heavy damage and get their visors cracked, there has always been 2 eyes behind the visor.

So I'd say it's just a style choice. like people who wear glasses just for the way they look wearing them.

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I always figured the visor was for eye protection during battlee.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wasn't aware of all the examples Valkysas mentioned, and I guess I'd always assumed that visors gave them a wider field of vision. Just another way they took advantage of being robotic.

But this actually makes more sense. I know soldiers are currently required to wear eye protection when in the field, it stands to reason some TFs would do the same.

5. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I've generally speculated that the visors act as a filter of some sort that acts in addition to their main optics. It might even be possible that the filter may be altered for different situations.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd figure yeah, they're just "add-ons". However, they can still be critical. For instance, tracking, targeting or other systems that can't be directly integrated into the optics due to size or whatever, could be installed into the visor. They could even have different filter abilities in it for low-light, infrared, etc for the same reasons.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    In the movie, Hot Rod pulls down his visor and he can zoom in on the Autobot shuttle. I always figured the Transformers with permanent visors could do the same thing, their visors just didn't retract into their helmets like Hot Rod's.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

See, this just opens a whole new can of worms... "helmets"??

I thought those were their heads. :) 

For some reason, while I like the faces and stuff, I prefer not to anthropomorphize my TFs too much. I mean, I don't buy that they're just metal "humans" wearing a bunch of boxes (though some artists and fan artists depict them that way).

zmog

9. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe it's their versions of glasses...

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    For one, Cybertron Red Alert, first version, has a thin visor underneath his thick visor.
    Its visible quite a few times when theres a close up.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I remember Cyb Jetfire in the show (and just the show) had one camera/eye behind his visor, but the toy had eyes.