Virus in TFW2005?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Henriquedematos, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was looking at some of the users profiles on the boards. Suddenly, when I opened the page of a guy named "TheCollector", this happened:

[​IMG]

I guess you all understand, but in case you don't, since my Avast is in Portuguese, it says: "Malware blocked - The internet module of avast! blocked a harmful web page or file."

I looked it up in Google for "TFW2005 virus" and the first result was seemingly to some thread in TFW2005 named "Internet Virus Warning", but when I tried to open it, the page was also blocked and Avast showed the same advice as before.

I tried navigating around TFW and getting to other threads and user profiles through Google, but none of these get blocked or display the same warning. So, it might be something from Internet Explorer (I know, I shouldn't be using this thing for now) or, most likely, just a false alarm from Avast, but I guess it's important to report this anyways.

2. Henriquedematos

News Credits:
    I'm sorry if this is annoying, but bumpin' on this because it might be important

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We are aware of it, as there are numerous threads that were ahead of yours. Nothing we can do at this time. SDCC is set to start and our focus is squarely on that at this time, not to mention anyone who can fix this is in California for the show right now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

4. Henriquedematos

News Credits:
    Hmmm, alright, my bad, I've should have checked the other threads back then.

Can't you at least post an advice on the news page or something?

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have no advice to give on the matter. Sorry.