Virginia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Trypticon, Jun 18, 2003.

1. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was busting your balls anyway. I know what a pain it can be to get toys out of the back.

2. Jacewiththeface

Jacewiththeface Well-Known Member

Thank goodness leader's are starting to show up on Brickseek. It says there are still a few in select stores. Limited stock though

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I grabbed a pair of the leaders locally. There is also a pair at another store (I put eyes on them). PM for details.

Sorry guys. I don't really care what scalpers do, but I'm not going to help them with my sightings anymore.

4. Multicron

Multicron Armada TV? Awful....

One completely empty Grimlock BOX at Woodbridge TRU. If you're gonna steal it just take the whole damn box please.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen that at that store. I brought it to the manager's attention -- they seemed bothered I even brought it up.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  6. Jacewiththeface

Only problem is, I'm in Stephenson/Martinsburg area, GoLion.

7. Jacewiththeface

They did say on brickseek that there is limited stock in martinsburg. Might have to stop by sometime this week (probably on Friday. Here's Crossing my fingers they will be there by then)

8. Multicron

Got the single case of leaders and single case of voyagers at chantilly target. For those of you keeping score at home, yes that means I'm sitting on an extra optimus. If anyone needs it at Msrp let me know but the box is a little beat up.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Alright I'm going to save you guys some trouble. I was told that Target has a reset planned. Read somewhere or read that it's scheduled for the 7th(this coming Sunday).

These POTP figures are more than likely planned for this reset. This may be why the leaders are coming in small amounts. Now some stores on brickseek show limited stock. On zoolert, the same stores show 0 in stock(YMMV on your area).

If you go to a store that had "limited stock" show up on brickseek, it's possible that the store does have the figures in. However that doesn't mean the employees know where it is. It may come up in their inventory but a location(shelf on floor/space in backroom) might not show up in their devices. This is not their fault.

If the figure isn't onshelf and employees don't know where it is(like if the location of the item in-store doesn't show up despite an inventory count showing up), it's most likely on palettes specifically sectioned away in preparation for the reset. This exactly what happened when I looked for Deadpool at Target last year. It might be buried under boxes that might not even be for the toy department. It could be buried under cases of mattresses and blu Rays for all we know. It could be under multiple pallets.

How I learned this? It was after many fruitless hunts looking for Marvel Legends Deadpool last year. It was a frustrating process. Having worked retail before and unpacked pallets and seen how they're packed, I can see how much of a PITA it would be to even look for a random item under numerous pallets. Especially if you don't know which one has it!

So if you're store shows stock in brickseek but your local store employees can't find it, just wait for the reset to happen. Prime and Rodimus are new but they'll be everywhere just like most of the TR leaders pre-Overlord were. YMMV, some stores put out stuff ahead of time. I used to be all about the hunt before but over the years burned out.

So I'm taking my time with these. Good luck to anyone looking and if an employee looked in the back and can't find them, reread the description above. If the item is under multiple pallets, it's not like you can just lift one off the other with your hands. You need like a lift or something.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That annoys me (Not you getting them). I mean, i'm glad you got them, but I went there last night and they would not let me have them. Same with springfield.

As someone who has also worked retail, I completely understand when an employee doesn't know. I think it's an entirely different situation when I'm told they know where they are, and the response I get for asking is something along the lines of "I wish you people would stop coming in here asking about these toys -- just wait two weeks."

I got them -- I'm happy, but I think it's a dick move to say something like that to a customer.

11. Multicron

Yeah. Both target and Wal-Mart get really annoying around reset time. Still, it's been my experience that if they eventually find them they will sell them unless they are actually register locked, which is not the case with POTP. Re: golions comment - I always snap a picture of particularly nasty employees and forward it directly to a district manager. That kind of service is unacceptable.

12. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

I pm’ed ya.

13. mtblanks

mtblanks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Staples Mill Target has a leader Rodimus Prime in the back.

14. Viewfinder

Viewfinder Telecommunications

Has anyone noticed that Target is now using separate DPCI #'s for individual figures in stores instead of using one standard DPCI # per figure type of any particular toy line?

I noticed that they started doing this online at Target.com sometime last year, but they've never done this in actual stores until now.

For instance, the DPCI # for the new Star Wars Black Series 6 inch figures which were released this year for The Last Jedi was 087-06-1922, but now each figure scanned with its own individual number. Now I only used the in store scanners at the end of the isle instead of ringing one up at a register, but I'm thinking it will be the same.

I did this with a few Marvel Legends, as well as some Transformers and the same thing happened. In fact the Titan Returns Titan Masters which were on clearance all had the same DPCI# on the clearance sticker, but they scanned with individual numbers.

I'm wondering if this is now the case at all Target locations, though I only checked two of them in Sterling. I'm also curious to know how this will affect returns on items purchased before the change which still have the generic DPCI# on the receipt.

Do you all think that this is a good thing or a bad thing? Maybe it might now be easier to locate an individual figure at a certain location since they no longer all have the same number.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jacewiththeface

Hmm, interesting. I think it would probably be better that way actually. So you don't waste more time at stores looking for one figure, and they have all but that one. Especially since I've been looking for a Grimlock or Optimus, I think it would help in finding them quicker/easier.

16. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

Picked up the last case of PoTP leaders from the Sterling Target. They were in the warehouse.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  17. Multicron

I think that if Target moves to individual DPCIs for Transformers in store that will just hose us even more as scalpers have more precise targeting.

18. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

Both of the PoTP leaders I just bought are under the same 087-06-6020 dcpi number. So it may not apply to all items or they just have not gotten all of the products reassigned yet.

19. Jacewiththeface

Neeral, how is Optimus? I was trying to decide between getting him now, or getting Grimlock now. Which figure is better?

20. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, so I've checked around the area. I wouldn't bother checking the Target off of Mosaic or the one in Arlington. Neither has any POTP leader figures. Neither does Reston or Sterling West Target. I did snag a spare Roddy for a buddy of mine at Mosaic. Fairlakes and Chantilly DO NOT have POTP either.

I'm going to try to buy as many as I can, and I will either sell to you guys at cost, or I'll return them when they start to saturate.

Grimlock sucks. Get Optimus.