violent night leg spasms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

For the last two weeks I have been waking up to very violent leg spasms. They hurt like hell, and I think I have a high tolerance for pain. The muscle usually doesnt feel better until about 3 hours after I get up in the morning. WTF? Im only 27! They hurt so bad that I usually wake up cussing in a somewhat dreamlike state.

I drink plenty of water, and I stretch all the time, I have to, I have Scoliosis. What the hell is goin on?!?

2. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Hmm. Im no doctor but, maybe cause you say "after you wake up, it gets better"...
    so my reasoning is maybe walk around a wee bit before you go to bed to tense up the musle instead of going to bed in a relaxed state?

Or all I can say is, different leg positioning in bed maybe.....

hot pad, cold pad....

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Dude, go see a freakin' doctor! The only "qualified" person here is squirrelcar who might be able to say more then "go see a freakin' doctor!"

4. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I sometime wake up with really bad leg cramps, my dad once told me it's a vitamin deficiency, so maybe it's the same thing here.

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I eat plenty of vegatables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots) and drink OJ. I eat tons of sun flower seeds too. I got my vitamins and minerals down I think. I drink milk like a fish.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There's a coupla medical types on here--Jarodimus and Fresh are both certainly more knowledgable than me.

But the first thing that jumps to mind is Restless Leg Syndrome--yes, it's a real disorder.

If you were another poster, I'd be inclined to give you some links. But since you're the infamous ebk, I'm gonna have to encourage you to do your own research.

There's a coupla other likely possibilities, but I just got back from a field party where a fat chick spent all night crowding me, eliminating any chance of me going home with someone I would actually want to sleep with. So I'm not in the mood to think very hard about something you really ought to see a doctor about, instead of posting on a TRANSFORMERS WEB SITE.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    ROFLMAO!! Squirrelcar, getting squirrelly? Poor guy.

All I can say, and I'm sure you'd back me up is SEE A FREAKIN' DOCTOR! If it is possible for you to have RLS (a bit young for it) it is typically diagnosed with a sleep study. I know this, as I've had a sleep study done for my sleep apnea and they test for RLS at that time, too.

Dude, EBK, buddy, please quit using us for medical advice. Some of us may have extensive knowledge but because you have a medical problem and we are the people you talk to the most doesn't mean we (as a community) can help you with ALL of your problems.

Please, SEE A FREAKIN' DOCTOR about this "problem!"

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I flat out refuse to see a doctor. There is nothing that a doctor can tell me that I cannot find out on my own.

Would drinking have anything to do wit it? Like kidneys and the like?

9. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I kinda laughed at that..strange fish huh?
    Now on subject I used to get bad leg cramps from running along with minor shin splints and my Mother gave me something called legatrim and it worked really well. Maybe you should look into.

10. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Definitely not normal. Go see a doctor about this (as others have said). Frankly there are too many variables for anyone, medically inclined or otherwise, to diagnose over a post on this board.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll take a warning for this, but I don't care, it needs to be said.

If you really believe that, you're a fucking idiot.

SHORT LIST OF THINGS A DOCTOR CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T FIND OUT ON YOUR OWN THAT MAY BE RELEVANT TO YOUR CONDITION:

1) What a CT scan of your head means.

2) The concentration of certain electrolytes in your body.

3) The results of a nerve conduction study.

4) The results of a sleep study.

There's a little part of me that would laugh and laugh and laugh if you actually had something serious, like a embolus, that caused you permanent harm because you thought you could find it out on you own. Jesus.

Also, how are you "finding things out on your own?" By asking people on a message board? How is that any different from, I don't know, asking a doctor? Except for the part where a doctor has verifiable training, whereas people on a message board don't. Seriously, lemme know how that works out for you.

12. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

This is where the east meets the west.

13. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I think you just have a case of the Jimmy Legs.

But as others have said, go see a doctor. :) 

14. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    You know I might be stupid or a little to young but what the hell is "Jimmy Legs"?

15. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

It's a Seinfeld reference.

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

That could be anything from a potassium deficet, to RLS, to a pinched nerve, to who knows what....

17. Herbz

Herbz Bleh~

Ok, regardless of what you think, there is one thing that Doctors have that you don't, and that is the necessary equipment to do ct scans, MRI's, blood tests etc. Whatever you choose to make of their interpretation is immaterial if you don't go get the scans done in the first place.

18. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Go see a doctor. Seriously, come on.

19. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

I started having the same problem at 27.I saw a Dr.two things he told me.Start streching more to keep the flexability(also helps muscles from knotting up)and to eat more bananananananananananas.You need more patasium.Started doing that and have not had one in almost 3 years.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think it a leg Cramp i get it every so often,You might wanna get it checked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.