Violent games and Germany

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, Dec 13, 2006.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

2. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Fascism rearing its head in a new way? Or am Frognal duh stupids?

3. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

...huh?

yeah insanity at its finest

4. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    We are talking about a country that is so paranoid about being associated with violence that one of their biggest companies wouldn't allow their brand to be associated with the Transformers live action movie.

Now, that being said, that is one of the most rediclous things I've ever read about Germany.

5. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

We're also talking about a country that isn't that far removed from WWII in the minds of some people.

And VW's decision wasn't necessarily because of the German government.

At any rate, I don't see much concern over this. I would be surprised if it passed, and I would expect something like this to be introduced by a small, radical contingent of the government rather than gaining approval from a majority.

6. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Absolutely, I understand exactly what they are thinking, it's just such an overkill. As for VW, I doubt it had anything to do with the German government at all, but it demonstrates a certian mindset within Germany today.

I've got a bunch of friends who live in Germany, both from the US and native Germans, and some of the storys they tell me about paranoia today resulting from WWII are incredible.

7. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Well, it's nice to know that the US isn't the only country that has issues with people taking responsiblity for their actions. If someone goes on a shooting spree, it's not because of a damned game. It's because they're F'ED UP!!!! It's the whole blame something/someone else for all my problems mentalitly thats messing up our world now.

8. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Wow...just, wow. If that law gets passed, then I just don't know what to say. Just absolutely ridiculous.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This just brings up that old argument that opposing sides will never agree on. Do the Videogames warp our fragile youth? Or was the Youth fragile already and the games simply tipped them over the edge?

Toonces, what stories? I'm curious. WWII is still in European memories, especially in formally occupied territory. I'd like to know more about this paranoia you mention.