Vintage Takara toy Masterbrace

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by linthart, Apr 28, 2008.

1. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok guys, heres are knowledge test for you....

what do you know about these?

[​IMG]

Made by Takara for the supergod-masterforce line they were only produced in ginrai and goshuta flavours and i bought them both

apparently kid size

i found them on ebay and eventually bought them so no i'm playing the waiting game.

does anyone else have them? how rare are they?
    dying for some more information on them while i wait the two weeks for them to arrive.

what did you guys pay for them

thanks guys

Linton

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

kinky

3. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I heard of them but never seen M.I.P. versions of them.

They were called sellectors i believe and when worn or clicked together It would turn the wearer into the Powermaster Or Headmaster Junior partner.

Ginrai (Who we know as Hi-Q in the U.S.) used these to become the Powermaster for God Ginrai (PM Optimus).

Go (Who is the Headmaster) used his to become Goshooter (Siren in the U.S.) and the Junior was in refrence to Go being a Teen as with the other two Headmaster Juniors

4. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've seen them on the forum before but it god knows if i can find the thread again.

definitely know all about the bracelets as far as the cartoon its self is concerned. its my favorite series which is why i shelled out the cash.

was reading last year botcon haul and someone picked up one of the two so there must be someone here who has seen them or has them

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh. I never heard of those before, but I'm not surprised they exist. They'd basically be roleplay bracelts, so the kid could pretend to be a Godmaster or Headmaster Junior.
    Not really surprising they only come in the two types, though; I think the Godmaster ones would all have been visually the same and so would the Headmaster ones. So Ginrai's could be used to play as Lightfoot, Ranger and Road King (as well as Buster and Hydra), and Shuta's would serve as Cab's and Minerva's (and Cancer, Wilder and Bullhorn).

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Snap! I've got the Goshooter ones, they were MOSC but as with all of my toys are now free.

They are definitely kid-sized, I'm thin and they're way too small, the centre wrist hole is 4.4cm/1 12/16ths inches diameter. They're spring loaded on one side (bottom of the ring in your pic), hinge open to snap shut around your wrists, they stay on me but there's a huge gap between the ends, they more clamp on my wrist than around it.

One side of the ring is chrome, silver for Go-Shuta, gold for Ginrai, the other side has black moulded plastic depicting the internals of the brace, it's pipe/wire type stuff.

Also included is a small clip on badge (bottom right in your pic) which says Cybertron with the logo and some Japanese text, I thought this might be Shuta's name, but the characters don't match, so I don't know what it says.

I'll try to get some pics up later, if you'd like any other info about them, let me know.

PS Can't remember what I paid for them, I've had mine a while, I've never seen another set of Go-Shuta ones, and forgot to bid on the only set of Ginrai ones I've seen about a year or so ago.

PPS MASTAH-FORCE!

7. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love these forums. I knew I'd find someone with them. Is there an autobot symbol on the brace itsself? I'll never open them myself seeing as I have the set so I'd really appreciate loose photos.

Thanks so much guys.

I'd love to know what these are really worth considering the set and how bizzarre a product they are. Seem to be rare as far as I can tell

8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I've seen the GoShuta go around $50 and Ginrai as low as $30, but upwards of $100. However their cards were not as good as the ones in the pic

9. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    They're packed showing one of each side, chrome/internals, so you won't need to open them to see everything. If you look at Go-Shuta's braces in your pic, just above the 'C' in .com, you'll see an indent, looks like a part sticks out, there's a silver sticker here with the Autobot symbol and the English script 'MASTER BRACE'. You can almost see the writing on Ginrai's braces in your pic, the indent/sticker goes from the hinge at the bottom up to the piece I mentioned on Go-Shuta's.

Pics in a few hours.

10. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks so much for the description ninety :) 
    So glad there Is some sort of tf indentification on the brace themselves.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen then floating around Yahoo! Japan auctions before, but not recently. Those appear to be in great shape too. Nice purchase.

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    This is my first foray into posting pics on the site, I've got a few ideas for pics so hopefully this will go smoothly!

I've tried to cover all the points of interest, back of card, size comparison, sticker, each side, hinge, how tiny they are and as such how badly they fit.

My card's not in as good shape as yours, nice find.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Well, that's not gone as swimmingly as I'd hoped, can anyone see the pics?

I've uploaded the pics to Flickr (happened to have an account), and done the image link to their pages, but the result is the above red crosses. Bearing in mind that I'm not very computer savvy, can anyone help, have I done this wrong, or should I try another pic hosting site?

EDIT 2: Tried another hosting site, yaay! success.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  13. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

Really weird TF products, I'm sure they can go for cheap or go high, depending on how much you like them.

But unless you're gonna do a Masterforce Cosplay as Jinrai or Go Shooter. Imagine trying to transform...Ouch.

14. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Pics in above post now work.

15. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Got Go Shooter ones too, but I kept mine MOSC. Never new about the Ginrai set, guess it's probably more rare. I think I got mine for $50, at Botcon last year. I've seen a lot Go Shooter ones on eBay all these years, but never Ginrai.

16. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The photos were fantastic ninety and its great to hear from others.
    just what i wanted. thank you all so much.

now i will just have to continue my waiting game but atleast now i know what i'm up for :)