Vintage Soundwave Stampings...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bobby Lemain, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

Well, on ebay I got two POS soundwaves. But the copyright stamps were different.
    [​IMG]
    one looked like that, while the other one didn't have the hasbro part of the stamp.

what does that mean (for the hasbroless one)? where was it made and could it possibly be a GIG or diaclone/whatever release somewhere from the old stock of microman when they changed the MC-10 chest plate from saying cassette man, to the soundwave chest we have today? or could it just be the use of old molds from when hasbro took over in the US and was gathering funds so that they could have their own modified versions of the molds (with their copyright on it)?

any answers? because I couldn't exactly get one. (the things i came up are reasonable but idk if they are true or not)

also, neither of the soundwaves came with a belt clip so ya...(i can't check that) :( 

edit:
    I did some digging, turns out he's a type two, so much for being a microman :( 

(source: http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdecep.html#sound)
    i love that site...