Vintage Korean KO prices

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ninety, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I'm after some opinions on the value of the following vintage KO's.

Overlord:

Alpha Base Robot | CollectionDX

Oversized Bruticus:

SKORBIA-Crazysteve's South Korean Bootleg Information Archive

I'm after a value for Onslaught primarily, but info on them all would be appreciated.

I'm considering picking these up, I'm looking at MIB examples of the above.

Also, the Rainbow Scorpy (I may have a chance, I've got everything crossed, he's a grail of mine):

Crazy colored Scorponok that came from the same company that made many high

No box for him, but complete.

Any help is very much appreciated.

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I WILL someday own a DCR oversized G1 Bruticus... mark my words.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I've recently acquired the giant G2 Bruticus, and a vintage Battle Gaia KO, both MIB. I'm working on getting all the various Brutici, hopefully DCR will be next!

4. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    ninety we would like to see some pictures of your new KOs :) 

5. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

overall, for bootlegs there are HUGE price fluctuations. for example, if somebody posts pictures of an obscure one online the prices shoot up for awhile and then die down again....that taiwan battle gaea was selling for a lot, like $80, because people were willing to pay the price...i bet you paid less than that for yours.

coalminer has unloaded 2-3 of those DCRs on ebay, they sold for $300-$350. i'm still looking for a damn swindle to complete my set of the newer release with chrome gestalt parts, even in korea these are hard to come by.

that alphabase is raarreee nowdays, the box is HUGE so shipping from anywhere would cost an arm and a leg. esellershop had them for like $170 shipped or something? noisemaze on these boards bought one and mine was a super-lucky find from a guy that was coincidentally local and allowed a local pickup.

good luck on getting the rainbow scorponok! its really high quality. let us know if you get it. you'll kill me, i think i paid $20-$30 for my boxed one back in 2000. These are made in china by the same company that did the "uranus fivechange" fort max. i'm not sure how much it would be worth nowadays? $50-$70?

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I've had a couple of requests for gallerys of them! Gaia in particular! I'm aiming to take pics later today.

Cheers Jason, I was thinking about PM'ing you about these. You know who I got Gaia from! (KO) I paid $120 including shipping for him, Autobot Menasor (both MIB, stickers unapplied), and a loose Rainbow Devy! I was pretty pleased with the price, then again I did overpay for G2 Bruticus :D 

Noisemaze sent me some pics of Alphabase (I see he's banned now? But we shouldn't talk about that, eh?). esellershop has one on ebay now for $320 ($368 shipped) which seems a bit high, he sold another one recently for $348 shipped. Noisemaze got his about a year/18 months ago from him for $200, I'm going to send him an offer, see if he's willing to deal, I've asked a couple of questions as the box flap/lid isn't pictured, and at least 2 of the stickers have been applied.

Someone here mentioned you may have an extra Onslaught, I'll PM you about that.

The same member knows someone with Rainbow Scorpy, I've got everything crossed I can get him! I'm surprised at a $50-$70 valuation, I'll offer a bit more, see if we can work something out.

Cheers again, I'll PM you later.

EDIT: Those are your pics of Rainbow Scorpy, aren't they?

7. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Hey Jason, count me in along with Ninety if you can still find Rainbow Scorponoks at those prices range or when you go hunting again.

Ninety, think you misunderstood me. I was under the impression you were dealing with Jason (he's the first in mind when on the topic of vintage kos rather than normal sellers).