Minor/Repaint: "Vintage" Classics Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Solrac333, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I repainted my Classics Prime to make it look like my G1 figure. It was actually an accident but when I tried to fix the mistake, I noticed it made it look old and I liked it. Enjoy and maybe I'll tell you what I did wrong...

This is the same Optimus I posed with my Evilyn thread.

Attached Files:

2. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

wow did you airbrush that?

3. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I sprayed a black base coat. Then I drybrushed red and blue over the black but it only made it look really dark. I noticed that did not look good at all so then I drybrushed silver over the whole thing to start over. I wanted to make the figure look more G1 but by adding the silver on top of the colors it gave it an aged look.

Normally I do black base coat, silver, then colors, and finally highlights. This one I did black base coat, colors, and then silver.

4. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really liking the blues and drybrusing you did on this. I considered repainting my prime entirely but I really don't want to mess it up.

But my fav part of yours is by far the legs. and the head. I just love that blue color with the silver highlights.

5. Solrac333

Ebay:
    I like the blue too. I can't remember which shade of blue it was. I did this one a while back and have since run out of paint. I'll have to post my other Prime when I get a chance.