Vince DiCola at BotCon 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pete Sync, Apr 29, 2009.

1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ooooh, burned! :D 

2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It's just a matter of language. If Pete's trying to quickly talk about the mass of folks from IDW, calling them all "artists" (because writing and editing ARE forms of art. It's all about creative expression, not about "graphic arts," such as drawing) is fine with me.

Of course, I'm not unbiased. I care MUCH more about writing than I do about drawing.

Perhaps even more to the point, if he's talking about guests at BotCon in general (the link immediately after his quote notwithstanding), how do you NOT call "voice artists" and musicians "artists"? Again, "art" is all about creative expression.

But, to concede your point... in actual promotional materials, FP would do well to be more specific.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Late to this thread, but that wonderful news Pete! I'm so hyped for this Botcon!

4. Jess

Jess Active Member

1. I have been invited as a special guest to BotCon '09 which will be held in Pasadena the weekend of Friday, May 29th. I will be performing, along with Stan Bush and his band, at the concert party on Saturday evening on the Paramount lot (outside on the famous New York set). I will be performing my newest song "Bound & Gagged" along with an instrumental medley. Accompanying me will be my good friend, co-writer and fantastic lead singer Rick Livingstone, as well as my composing partner Kenny Meriedeth on guitar. I will also be joining Stan and his band for at least one song during their set.

Additional info and updates can be found on the BotCon '09 web site.

2. There's a new video up on YouTube which features some recent music of mine (including "Bound & Gagged")...

YouTube - Vince DiCola & Friends: "Invasion of the Machines" (pt.1)... A tribute

I hope all is well with you. Thanks in advance for sharing the above info in any manner you can.

Vince

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Great news! One of my favorite Botcon guests returns. :) 

And finally I'll be able to see both Vince and Stan Bush together. I believe the only time they attended the same Botcon was in 1997, one year before my first.

P.S.: I used to think that Vince was banned from Botcons after defending Glen in OTFCC'04. Glad to see that was just me being paranoid.

-airfox