VillainToy Question (Spoilers probable..?)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ultrawave, May 9, 2011.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT? I'm going to attempt to be as vague as possible, but those of you who have read the Amazon spoilers will (hopefully) understand.

So I've been reading through threads that are discussing the main villain, and I'm honestly surprised at some of the things I find. People are talking about how they aren't going to buy the toy of the main villain now because he isn't who they thought he would turn out to be.

My question is, why? Why does that affect your decision to buy him or not?

I'm not trying to judge people or call them stupid for that decision, I just am so curious as to why that's such a big deal for people.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Assuming I follow you're vagueness, I would guess that they're not going to buy his toy because they don't care for the character it represents. Or rather, the way this version of the character is being represented.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They'll cave. Trust me on this.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Some people have problems figuring out on what shelves they should put 'figure X' because they're not sure what universe he belongs to.

In short: some people are silly.

I will still definitely buy the character's toy.

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Don't have enough money to buy said character just because he/she's the main villian.
    Especially considering said character kills my namesake (according to spoilers).

6. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

It's agood way too save money buy only buying characters that have survived.

7. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get that line of thought though. I mean, yes, only buy characters you like or molds you like, but only buying characters that survive just seems so...random to me.

I mainly focus on in movie characters but if a toy only character looks good (like the helicopter who's name I totally can't remember right now and don't feel like looking up) then I'll pick it up.

8. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

I agree but it's like only getting a figure if it's show accurate. It just frustrates some people too have a living character next to a supposedly dead one. I'm still going to buy
    ironhide and mirage

9. DarkWish

DarkWish Toy Reviewer

News Credits:
    I had been collecting Autobots so now I'm not sure what to do. I will probably still get him though because he is still technically classified as an Autobot, and the toy looks pretty awesome. Heck, I'll probably get some of the Decepticon toys as well like Shockwave.

10. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

When I buy the toy, I never even attempt to reenact the movie, even if it's good. Personally, the toys are for kids to create their own adventures.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For me, it just wouldn't feel right to have said character displayed with those that he betrays, and it wouldn't feel right to display him with the other team, because he isn't a true member.

Probably helps that the toy itself isn't going to be all that hard to pass-up. However, if it ever gets a good looking repaint, and could be used as a different character, I might get that.

I know I won't.