Vigaview - G1 Sixshot (Best G1 toy ever!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Phoenix Blaze, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

So as the title says, I think Sixshot is the best G1 toy ever produced. I don't really get round to commenting on him too much as I'm too busy wetting my pants over how amazing he is!

Vigaview - Generation 1 Sixshot - YouTube

2. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    With all due respect, you weren't around then bro. I'm glad you like him but I never did.
    Sixshot actually shelfwarmed in my area.

I got Sixshot for Christmas in 1987, I was disappointed to say the least. Best G1 toy ever? uh no.
    His "alt-modes" were shifty at best, there were far better figures in G1.

Nice review(actually excellent) but I totally disagree about how cool the figure is, sorry.
    I still own my original G1 Sixshot but I personally never really liked it, would've been nicer to have Scorponoc honestly.

If the third party Sixshot comes out like it's supposed to, maybe that will do the character justice because the G1 version never did IMO.

3. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Wow, this is shocking to hear!

My opinion of G1 toys tend to revolve around a nostalgic thing, toys I missed out on because as you say, I wasn't there so maybe I have the benefit of looking back through time and discovering these toys. I'm not a "geewunner" but there is an element many G1 toys have that makes me feel a bit funny inside.

Thanks for the insight of a time when Transformers was still in it's G1 days. It's just really strange that a toy that I feel to be amazing wasn't all that hot back in the day, especially as he can now command quite a price.

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Scorponoc was all the rage that Christmas(he was more affordable than Fort Max at the same price-point as Sixshot, I guess is the reason). I wanted one BAD but everyone was sold out, that's how I ended up with shelfwarming Sixshot.
    I was big into Headmasters and Targetmasters that year, they were seriously hard to find(more the HM than TM though).
    Fortress Maximus was around but too expensive for my parents unfortunately.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I have the Sixshot reissue myself, and think he's okay but not mind-blowing. Better than Sixknight for sure, though.