videogame review sites

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by metcar, Jun 20, 2010.

1. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

is it me or do most of the main stream sites unfairly bash the older games by that i mean in compilation sets or wii virtual console it seems like only a few of the classics get good reviews they can't all be meh lol

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    too many reviewers have eyes only for the graphics and if the don't see them they automatically discount a game. The only games that escape to to some extant are true classics such as SMB 3 , LOZ Link to the Past, LOZ OOT, etc.

That said the play control of older systems brought into new systems as DLC is often hard for reviewers who have little experience with the original systems they were released for, to compare them to control schemes for modern games.

Honestly they need to be judged only against games of the same genre and vintage. But sadly they usually get compared to games they really shouldn't be.

3. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

my point exactly.

4. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Many times when I read reviews about current games graphics looking like PS2 games, I wonder how long it's been since the reviewer in question has actually played a PS2 game.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Like i said too many reviewers have an eye only for the graphics and if they aren't up to the standard of the current "prettiest" game they are subpar.

6. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    No doubt. I'd personally rather play a fun game, regardless of the graphics.

That's why I don't put too personal much stock in that as a point of criticism.

7. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Screw video game reviews. At least to me, they always end up biased, or have points taken away for stupid crap. Whoever reviewd HG/SS for IGN took points off for being a remake. WTF?