Video Review of Universe Classics 2.0 Silverbolt

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Peaugh FTW. That guy's reviews rule. He does pictorial reviews too.

I'll be buying Silverbolt once it hits shelves...which I wonder when exactly that is since its not part of the 1st wave.

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And yet, anyone who likes, buys, writes and/or records a review of a Transformers who is over the age of 15 isn't "geeky"? :confused:  Far be it for a person to be enthusiastic of something. Yeah, the monotone voiced reviews are far more interesting...to each their own I suppose. Peaugh does do good reviews, but Dyansis rules when it comes to details and character backgrounds. Each person has something good to offer.

Dyansis finally got his Silverbolt. Thank you TFW2005 for crediting him for the review. He's a walking, living, breathing encyclopedia when it comes to Transformers, and quite fun to watch IMO. But, that's just my opinion.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That was completely unnecasary. He had the coutesy of taking his own time and reviewing a new figure. Don't knock Dyansis. He is one of the best and funniest reviewers I have ever watched.

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Yeah, everyone strokes to a different beat, or something like that.

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    HA! You've clearly never met me, as I'm hardly normal. :lol 

As for the review, I'm just glad it's finally up, because the pompous drama that surrounded the damn thing was ridiculous.

6. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.
    He was one of the first people I subscribed to when I joined youtube.
    I can easily sit through a 15 minute review of his without ever being bored once.

7. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

This.

8. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I know it probably isn't likely to happen, but I think it would be incredibly awesome for them to release the other Ariel Bots in further installments of the classic series. A huge Superion is something I've always wanted. It would be the greatest combiner hasbro has ever delivered. I may be too optimistic in my theory..but I don't know why they'd release to leader of the Arielbots if this wasn't an idea they had brewing.

On a different note, even though Powerglide looks like an awesome figure...I think they should have made him a tad smaller, instead of making him a A-10 Warthog. Also, I love classics Skyfire...but he should have been a bit bigger in my opinion. Just look at the old cartoons, he towered over Prime and just about every other autobot with the exception of metroplex and the combiners.

9. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow who the fuck was that guy!?

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Which guy?

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Same here. :thumbs2: 

It would be cool if they somehow made 4 more arialbots and we got ourselves a big combiner. :)  These new Universe goodies aren't coming out soon enough.

12. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    dyansis is an aquired taste I personally love his reviews mainly because of how in depth they are.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, well, sorry to ruffle feathers with my opinion. I just can't believe that a video review which is over 14 minutes long takes almost 8 minutes to even get to the transform & review portion, and when it does finally happen, it's barely 2 minutes long.

Fair enough if people like this guy's reviews because they're each a Character 101 history class combined with someone evidentially treating YouTube like his own talk show... I just happen to prefer reviews where they get to the point, show relevant comparisons, and the reviewers themselves stay behind the camera instead of being front & center like some sort of host.

No offence to him as a person. But as a video reviewer, it's just far, far too out there for me.

*shrug*

14. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i hate to say this...but some of you people are sounding like the people over on allspark...and that's why i left that site....

and i'm especially impressed with how people claim certain acts where "immature" yet sitting here...insulting someone's review who isn't even on this site...nor posted it here or anything...is able to defend themselves, is apparently a mature act...

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Luckily, there's a reviewer out there for almost everyone's personal preferences!

(The one for people who don't like video reviews is that little 'x' on your window that closes the tab YouTube is open on. ;)  )

Nice to see he's got the review up after all the gonads and strife. Though the toy really is one that is neither photogenic nor videogenic, IMO. Looked much better the two times I saw it in person than in any review thus far.

16. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    That is the guy who all this drama was for? Really? Wow.

Yeah, that review was not my cup of tea. I had to turn it off after about a minute. I preferred the quick and dirty show me the basics that Pascal posted. But that is just me. I like things simple.

17. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wasn't sure about this figure, but now after seeing that it's as complex to Transform as a flip-changer, I don't think I'll be buying him.

Sure like everyone else I was impressed originally with the new Universe line, but now Silverbolt and Powerglide are on my "No rush to buy" list.

18. Optimus Peev

Optimus Peev Banker Bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great review. Dyansis is the only Youtube TF reviewer that I watch regularly. I have been subscribed to him for about a year and always enjoy his stuff....yeah, he is a little long winded at times and he has some of the screwiest facial expressions (by his own admission), but his passion for his hobby comes through in every video. He may not always be the first to review something, but he is one of the best, IMO. He is all class.

The toy itself.......meh.

:rolleyes2 Seriously, none of us has any business calling any member of this or any other TF board a geek. 99.99% of the folks here collect toys and watch cartoons.......

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Nice try. I didn't call anyone a geek, nor would I ever do so on a board that I'm subscribed to that's based on toys. I said this was a level of geek that I think is just way too much. BIG difference. :rolleyes2 

I also explained what I meant a few posts above this one which you conveniently missed:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/2232880-post34.html

So there it is.

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Dyansis did a great job on the review as always. I've always liked his style of review, that he goes in depth on the character, shows the toy, gives some thoughts on it, but doesn't go needlessly into trivial things (not that go into detail about the figure is bad, as I watch reviewers that do that as well and they do a solid job of it). Have been subscribed to him for at least a year now, probably a decent time more, a lot of respect for him and his work. But I digress.

I think the figure itself LOOKS good in both modes, very very G1. The transformation is a bit simple, but after falling in love with the Animated line, it really isn't a big deal.