Video Review of Universe Classics 2.0 Silverbolt

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    That review made me think Classics Silverbolt is a lot more cooler then I first thought.

I like Silverbolt's(the reviewer) review style, even if I wish he'd talk about the actual toys more.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You might want to give some credit to the actual reviewer, rather than just posting the video.

4. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Awesome. I actually like the "jet on his back" look. Just like G1. Only much sharper.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy is a must buy. :thumbs2:  :thumbs2: 

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Very nice figure but waaaay to long of a review.

7. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

God, is this guys hyperactive or what, I wasn't able to hold 1 min watching this thing...

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I prefer the original toy's transformation over this one. it was a bit more involved, and didnt look that much like a robot scrunched up underneath thanks to the way the legs stored in the body. the wings sweeping back on the original figure made him less bulky and helped hide the "my alt mode is my backpack" design.

9. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

I'm not a fan of how thin the plastic is around the legs (or at least how thin he seemed to indicate that it was), but the toy in general has grown on me.

My favorite part of this, is that after all the people freaking out about Pascal posting his transformation video first, Silverbolt neither shows animosity towards him nor ignores him, but rather recommends his transformation video.

Good review, I really liked how he added some character background in there. It may have been a tad long, but still good. Plus, he was under pressure to get it out quickly :D 

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Draven, I don't think Dyansis is on this board. I usually hang around Dyansis' page on YouTube, and he never mentioned being a part of TFW. I don't take credit for this vid, only reporting it.

Anyway, Silverbolt really does look nice and awesome. Very G1. I will be picking him up first time I see him. He has a very cool look. Now if only they would release the other Superion parts and he could combine with him...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know Dyansis was very enthused to do this review so I'm quite glad it's finally up. Having it as front page news also gives a further look into the video review community besides the usual suspects, so that's cool.

Yep, very good of him. I hope it makes some of those that went on the attack over that video see it's not always necessary to enter Butthurt Land.

OH NOES

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  12. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

I think what he means is that the news post shows a video, and the top post in this thread has a link, but neither has any mention of who did the video. Even if the "credit" goes to you for posting it, there should be some mention of Dyansis in the news post. I don't know that it's your fault, but someone should add that somewhere.

13. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've honestly tried to stay away from the Video reviews, but got intruiged when I was waiting for a skype call... and have to say this was actually entertaining.

Anyone else kind of get a Machinewars Starscream vibe from the figure?

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure. You can add it to the news. It's fine by me...

15. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Cool toy and review. Silverbolt is a walking encyclopedia.

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

At first, I was kinda taken aback by how geeky the guy sounded... until i realized that that's EXACTLY what I sound like when talking about my toys to my girlfriend... who very patiently listens to me. :)  Well, usually, anyway. Anyway, once I got past that, I found it pretty amusing, and he made the toy look good... of course, he'd just end up sitting on my shelf, not played with, because he's so simple. Pity. :(  Well, I'll try and pick him up to support the line at least.

17. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    at first....i was freaked out how crazy he was at the beginning of the video :lol  but by the end of it....he has me CRAVING for silverbolt NOW!!!!!

i was going to get him at first but now i NEED him :lol  that is one of my favorite reviews ever :lol 

oh btw i figure out how they could do superion using the holes in robot mode in the legs and the arms but you would have to sacrifice the ability to put one jet on either part...it would require two are always the legs and 2 are always the arms.....you fold the arms constructicon maximus style against the torso and plug in the top jets and on the legs you have a LONG tab for connector that fills in that hole (how to fit the jets around silverbolt's legs without looking stupid or sacrificing posability for the leg jets i haven't figured out yet...i need help with that)

18. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I'm glad he got to review him first. Yeah, I'm a dyansis fangirl, what of it?

The toy looks beautiful, though.

19. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I remember that guy breaking MP Megs in two.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    This guy is ridiculous. Overly flamboyant bording on outright obnoxious and a level of geek I never need to see again.

I'll wait for someone like Peaugh to deliver a review like a normal person.