Video Review of Universe Classics 2.0 Deluxe Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xSEANxLONGx, Aug 19, 2008.

1. xSEANxLONGx

xSEANxLONGx Big Kid

News Credits:
    YouTube - Transformers Universe Classics 2.0 Deluxe Ironhide Review

I Bring You Transformers Universe Classics 2.0 Deluxe Ironhide. The New Mold of Wave 3 from the New Universe Line of the Beloved Character who is in the Transformers Movies(even if he was killed off in the 1986 Movie). Ironhide who was a Red Van in the G1 Series is now a SUV in the Universe Line. This Figure has what you want in a Autobot Deluxe. Detailed Robot and Alt Mode, Amazing Articulation, and a Weapon that is Two in One. He has some funny things about him like the Oregon License Plate(Don't know what it's Reference Too). His Transformation is fun and complex but not frustrating. The G1 Character like his Movie Counterpart is BACK and Better than Ever!

My Opinion Besides from Universe Prowl THIS Was the Figure I was Most Excited About and this EXCEEDED My Expectations. He is a MUST HAVE! I Can't Say Enough about this Figure!

In the Video Review I Show Off The Key Points in this Order:

Details and Color Scheme
    Articulation
    Weapon Feature
    Transformation to SUV
    Size Comparisons in SUV
    Transformation back to Robot
    Size Comparisons in Robot Mode
    Final Thoughts and Rating

If you guys need pics let me know

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the review!

3. xSEANxLONGx

xSEANxLONGx Big Kid

News Credits:
    Thank You Guys for making it on the Front Page! I LOVE YOU GUYS! I always feel like I'm part of the TFW2005 team and this is the BEST Transformers Website EVER!

Also Special Thanks to Peaugh and watch out for his Sideswipe review coming up and his review of this guy!

Finally Got My Ironhide after 6 weeks!

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review, Sean!!!

I love this fgure, being an Ironhide fan, I must pick it up.

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    dang. that is an awesome figure. Can't wait for it.
    What class is it? He looks kinda big for a Deluxe.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the props! Glad it finally showed up! I'm hoping to get my review up along with Sideswipe later today.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm pretty certain the license plate is a reference to the G1 comic, when the Ark crashed into "Mount. St. Hilary" (a play on Washington's Mount. St. Helens) in Oregon.

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I kinda dig Ironhide, he was like John Wayne on Cybertron. So I'm looking forward of getting him I hope and Sean thanks for the review man your reviews kick ass, but that just my opinion. So keep up the great work.

8. xSEANxLONGx

xSEANxLONGx Big Kid

News Credits:
    Can't Wait for the Reviews Bro! Ironhide I'm VERY Happy with! His Transformation is the most fun besides Powerglide and if Galvatron didn't have the back heavy parts and loose arms he be as great as this guy.

I put a special thanks in my video description. I'm looking forward to your Sideswipe Review!

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    It looks like Movie Swindle's uncle...

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

holy backpack batman!

Transformation looks real fun, but the weapon and the hunchback are kind of disappointing. I'll wait for more pics of this guy before actually buying him.

11. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves<br><font COLOR=limegreen>G Stoned

News Credits:
    Holy shit thats one nice figure! Even if it werent ironhide id still be prompted to get it for the ultra fun complex transformation. Really diggin the gattling gun, but it looks like he had it on a little crooked.

This figure will be mine!

12. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Can you take a comparison pic next to movie Stockade? Vehicle mode preferably.

13. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    sean you just went up a ton of spaces in my book in the old movie i cried when they killed ironhide more than i did when they snuffed prime he has always been my fav and have waited to see this guy for awhile. also glad to see you finally got him what an ordeal. have to agree he looks to be a must have

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    You know... I just realised tonight that we'll be getting the entire Autobot shuttle crew remade.

Only one that hasn't been announced yet Stateside is Ratchet, but he's a given since Takara's doing one anyway.

All we need then is the Insecticons updated and presto, the entire visible invasion force on the shuttle! (Not counting Blitzwing since he doesn't show up in that scene, and the Constructicons would be the Constructicon Maximus repaint)

15. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

Sean, I like your reviews. They help me make up my mind before hand with deciding whether or not I want to purchase a certain figure. However, I must say I don't understand the complications you were having with Galvy being a back heavy figure. I just got him today, and after I saw your review on him I was concerned since I really wanted this guy.

I agree some parts come off way too easy, I've fixed that with some superglue coats on the ball joints, but i don't have any of the back heaviness problems you were experiencing, and was able to get the poses I wanted from him very well.

It's just my opinion, on this figure, but perhaps now that my joints are fixed I'm getting better balance now, who knows? Another possibility I found, depending on the taste of certain people, is that you can remove the missile packs that I think have the potential to make him more back heavy than necessary. Action figure purists may not like that idea, but hey it's an alternative, one that I'm sure many kit bashers will exercise I'm certain.

To stay on subject of this thread, that Ironhide looks amazing and I will no doubt be purchasing this figure.

Thanks Sean.

16. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Nice figure! looks very Arrrnn Haindddd to me!

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    please please PLEASE do a normal pictorial review. they let us see so much more detail than video reviews.

18. xSEANxLONGx

xSEANxLONGx Big Kid

News Credits:
    THANKS BRO! Yea That Movie Was Traumatizing! They Killed Off Prime, Starscream, Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, Brawn, Wheeljack, Megatron(Kinda), and others like they were Clone Troopers in Star Wars Movies and just cuz they are robots doesn't mean we don't have attachment to them and the way they died pissed me off cuz they get shot all the time in the series yet all of a sudden they did in this movie. This is why I perfer the 2007 Movie over the 1986 movie it's too hard to watch and all the plot holes.

ANYTIME! Galvatron is way better when you take the back parts off him and when you practice transforming him more. I practiced before my review but it was such a struggle when I tried all those times I just wanted to show the struggle and not edit anything out. It was definitely a hard review.

19. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I absolutely detest the new hands they are putting on Transformers nowadays. The open-handed, slap-you-around look isn't cool at all. And it's a shame they chose to give those hands to Ironhide. Also don't like how you can clearly see his hand joint.

What is with his top half coming apart from his bottom half in robot mode? You were just holding him and it was coming apart.

Anyways, despite those grumblings, very nice review, Sean. Keep it up!

20. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Giant crotch still bugs me :(  Sharp shoulders and detailing feels a little too far into the movie-aesthetic maybe too, I've always thought that.

I'll still buy it though.

Interesting to see the transformation, thanks Sean!