Video Making Sititation Help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StarSaber79, Apr 23, 2011.

1. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I love to make comedy short skits on YouTube with others. Since 2009 I've been doing them with my cousins and sometimes friends. But last summer my cousins and I slowed down and lost steam. We now do like 1 video ever 2 moths instead of 1 ever 1-2 weeks. They changed alot and I didnt. None of my friends want to do videos leaving me with no one. I can't do skits by myself because that's no fun. Any help for me? I need to do videos! I love the. They are so fun to make. Video making is one of my favorite things to do! There are no filming clubs or anything at my High school. Any help?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

You could try making a film club at your school.

3. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    How? I don't think anyone would even care.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I think it takes a teacher sponsor, a bit of effort, and some talking to your school's head. And if you're planning on keeping this, "Oh, nobody cares" stance, you're beyond help. If you're being doubtful of what you want, some people on TFW won't help.

5. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Agreed. If you make it, they will come. Even if it's just 2 or 3 people, that's plenty enough to get something started, and you won't be alone in your movie-making endeavors anymore. But I think there's bound to be quite a few people in a high school who'd want to do this sort of thing, it's not uncommon at all.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hit the local geek spots (comic shops) and libraries and post something on their corkboards.

The problem I always had was getting everyone co-oridinated time wise.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ye lack faith, and that is why you fail.

really, starting a club on campus isn't that hard.
    the hard parts are:
    1. Compromise (on your part)
    2. Dependable folks
    3. scheduling.

back when i lived in Tuscaloosa with my best friend, we didn't form an official film club. In fact i got drafted into short films by a film student working on a project and i started as a writer.

the thing is, after making 2 films (27 min., and a 45 min. film) i helped my best friend make a couple others by merely asking folks we barely knew, but looked the part for what we needed.

the only rule we had was that we never, NEVER used Drama students. (ironic, but they sucked as actors.)
    and we did okay.

lastly, if you practice some social skills, keep some confidence, you can film just about anywhere, with just about anything and not have many problems.
    you just have to talk to folks and let your sincerity for what you do show. you'll get far that way.

just keep it fun.