Video Games you want made into movies(& who would direct and who would you cast)?????

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by netkid, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    That's certainly a dream scenario. lol. David really isn't too far off the mark to play Snake at all, the only thing he's really got going against him is the guy is kinda chubby but that's really not a obsticle if he wanted to play him.

As for Ryuhei Kitamura, after seeing how shafted he got on Midnight Meat Train, I don't have high hopes that a studio would trust the guy enough :'(

2. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Super Smash Bros. Brawl! It's already an epic game, make a CGI Feature and it'd be awesome, they could even include a few extra cameo characters like Bowser Jr. Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose and Eggman.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

If it's a Hollywood studio... Who says it has to be?

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I should have clarified that, it can be ANY studio. Not just Hollywood, foreign counts too. Hell, even Bollywood is game. And even made for TV movies and direct to DVD.

Also, anything that is a bunch of hour-long episodes (mini-series) like "Band of Brothers" is game as well if the story needed to be told would never fit well in a 2-3 hour movie or even a trilogy. The Metal Gear saga is a prime example of where this could be beneficial.

5. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Bad Dudes.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Final Fantasy 6 split into 3 movies directed by Peter Jackson. First movie would end after you beat Kefka in Narshe when he's trying to get to the esper (basically after you go through the 3 scenarios). The second would end like Empire Strikes back- when everything looks pretty bleak right when the world gets pretty much destroyed. The third movie would start with Celes and basically she would search the ruined world for the rest of the crew and then go face off against Kefka.

I don't know about the cast. Back in the 90's I had a good idea for a cast but for current actors, I don't know.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Final Fantasy VI, Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear

i'd go with a American or Japanese style cartoon...MG i would also give Live Action a option too.

8. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I want Metroid done in some way. Anime would probably suit it best because then you could really capture the artwork. But 3-D animation would work just as well.

Hell, anything could work as long as with live-action, they make the suit, ship, and monsters look real and convincing. Oh, and I would think a live-action Samus should be played by a natural blond of natural beauty, who is athletic(for action/fight scenes) and can ACT WELL in terms of action, suspense, and well, anything really given whatever the story may throw at the actress. We don't want another 90's live action Super Mario Bros. on our hands now do we?

And Ridley must be a pain in the ass to kill. That guy never dies.

James Cameron would be an excellent choice to direct it, be it a film or a mini-series.

Actually, I'd rather it be a mini-series (like "Band of Brothers") or a anime series so we can get as much out of the story (and other Metroid stories from other Metroid games) as possible. No sense in cramming it into a 2-3 hour block. Each episode should end with an epic boss battle that way the viewers would feel rewarded at the end of watching each episode rather than teased for x amount of episodes until a boss is encountered.

9. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

No Metal Gear movie please, Hollywood would butcher it, MGS has such complex plots and a rich background to work with... Something which means Hollywood would most likely totally screw it up and dumb it down into becoming something like xXx.

10. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What about a series of 1 hour long episodes? That could definitely get the whole story across.

Especially if each season of oh say 13 episodes represents each game. It could start where snake eater begins and end where guns of the patriots ends.

But yeah, I too completely agree that it is impossible to cram the entire Metal Gear Saga into a 2-3 hour film. Hollywood better keep it's greedy hands off of this one and leave it to Kojima. At least he will do it the justice it deserves, especially in film format.

11. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Contra

Ninja Gaiden

Metal Gear (in production actually)

Gears of War (also in production)

I don't know who i want to direct them, but some of these will never happen so eh...

12. flamepanther

I would totally pay to see any version of Ninja Gaiden adapted as a Bollywood musical.

13. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

o_o nooooo!!!!!!!!!

14. flamepanther

Are you kidding me? Imagine the musical number about Irene Lew shooting Hayabusa with the tranquilizer gun! It would be comedy gold.