Victory Saber Model Kit? Can someone help me identify this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TCJJ, Jul 11, 2009.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ok, so on TradeMe.co.nz, a sight similar to eBay but for New Zealanders (and Aussies), this model kit popped up. I believe there has been one on TradeMe before which is the same except with a box and maybe more pieces, but it appears to be either a Victory Saber or Star Saber model kit. It's located here: Generation 1 Transformers 1989 for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand

Well, I've Googled for ages, I've search TFW2005, I've been on TFU, I've been on eBay, and I still haven't found out anything about it. So I need to know four things.

First of all, which is it? Victory Saber (Star Saber and Victory Leo that combine) or Star Saber? It looks like It's Star Saber and Saber, not sure about the brain master unit etc. though.

Second off, who made it? I don't have a clue which company made it, and don't know if it's official, so I'm unsure of the quality.

Thirdly, for people who know exactly what it is, does it appear to have all the parts to build the model, or are the parts missing?

And finally, is it worth picking up? I guess that'll really depend on the other answers, but I'd just really like to know exactly what it is, if it's complete, and if it's worth buying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

2. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

It's a Victory Saber knock off of a kabaya model kit. It appears that there is no Saber, or rather the Saber portion doesn't transform into robot mode.

I have a few of these type kits,and while they're fun to assemble, after that they're rather boring.

It looks as though all of the parts are there, though I can't say for certain as I don't have that one.

Some kits could transform,but others couldn't, I think that one may.

The kits usually come in odd colors, the KO's even more so.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Kabaya

3. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Oh. Well, I thought it may be a Kabaya one but couldn't bring up a Victory Saber one. I guess I should have looked up Kabaya on TFWiki, rather than Victory Saber. I have to ask though, do YOU think it transforms? And if so, would it be worth getting? I mean, sometimes the Robot Masters versions of Victory Leo and Star Saber pop up on TradeMe, but not that often, and if this transforms, it'd be good enough, even if it is small. Of course, I'd want it to have both Victory Leo and Star Saber who can then properly combine and hopefully (but something that is unlikely), the brainmaster, which the Robot Masters figures do not have, and I don't have the money for the G1 versions of the figures.

4. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

Some VS kits merely allow Star Saber to tf into Victory Saber. In some of those kits the Star Saber was very limited and didn't convert into the flight mode, & the Victory Leo was only armor for SS. VL when off of Star Saber was just a pile of parts.

So basically,

Type 1: Star Saber is stuck in bot mode , & Victory Leo is just armor for SS to form Victory Saber.
    I think this was only in the small size.

Type 2: SS can transform into jet mode,VL forms part of the larger jet mode, & can also help form VS, but has no lion or bot modes.
    Small and large size (?). i think that's the one in the auction.

Type 3: Both bots can transform into alt mode, but can't combine.
    The 'larger' size (which is only about 2-3 inches tall).
    I have this Star Saber, who tf's from small jet to Saber, to large jet, & Star Saber.

Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about, & the above info is based upon memory, conjecture, and personal experience. Also I'm very tired and about to go to bed.

5. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ok, that's interesting. Which do you think the one in the link is?

By the way, does it look like it's complete and worth getting?

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Its a bit hard to see but it looks like it could just be Victory Saber. No transformation at all.

7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I think it could be number 2. It shows Victory Saber, Star Saber, and Saber in robot mode, then VS and SS in vehicle mode, and what appears to be Saber in vehicle mode. But no VL in singular modes.

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    KOs are normally very tricky because they show forms that arent there. Plus the figure on the package is the normal DX figure, not the actually model kit.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

10. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Star saber can transform into both bot & alt mode, no saber bot mode.
    Victory leo can transform into beast & alt mode, no bot mode.
    They can combine to form Victory Saber alt mode & bot mode.

I built a lot of the original kabayas growing up.
    The quality of this KO kit is rather poor imo.

11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks people. So what I should do is just completely avoid it instead?