Victory over the decepticons back in 1983 if..

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SideSwipe82, Apr 14, 2007.

1. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

during the g1 era, war on earth, if optimus prime had made good use of Omega supreme? He was hardly seen in all the episodes PRE movie, and I think OMega was never with the autobots, he was somewhere far far away.. is this true? I remember in the episodes "the golden lagoon", Omega was invincible.

2. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    The decepticons could've easily won earlier if they would've just melted the autobots after being re-built by the Ark.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Secret of Omega Supreme gives a very good reason for this - Omega was nearly turned into a Decepticon. Optimus knows that Omega has to fight the destructive side of him and that putting him on the frontlines would force these destructive impulses to the surface. Last thing you want is the big guy going out of control, or worse, succumbing to the Decepticon programming and swapping sides.

I know, reading into it too much. But it seems to make sense.

The other arguement is that Omega wasn't all that invincible. Big and slow, most of the Decepticons could take him if they worked together and all played their strengths. Omega's got firepower, but they have speed, flight, and Devastator. Besides, remember how Omega blew up in Key to Vector Sigma? The scene was cut for time (lots of cuts for time in that episode), but the damage that caused him to blow up was meant to have been inflicted in a battle with Shockwave, according to the script. If Shockwave can do that, imagine what Megatron in the hands of Starscream or Skywarp could have done.
    After all, in "The Golden Lagoon", Omega was brought down by the enhanced Decepticons. Their invincibility helped of course, but the Electrum did nothing to power up their weaponry, and that was what brought down Omega on that occasion.

4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Omega Takes care of many of the Decepticons alone in the G1 comic , if not misstaken. I cal to remeber he s was protraid more powerfull and tactical in the comics then in the cartoon.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Omega seemed more of a plot device than anything, just called upon as a Transporter really.

I have no belief that Omega could have defeated the 'Cons if he was unleashed on them, especially not in season 2, he'd have Devastator, Menasor and Bruticus to deal with.
    Besides, Omega seemed to have really low endurance in the show, he fell apart one time because of a trip to Cybertron IIRC.

Guardian Schmardian, he couldnt defend a Kebab shop.

6. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    What everyone is forgetting is that it would be impossible. The Transformers awakened in 1984 and Omega probably didn't arrive until 1985 so how could Prime order Omega Supreme when he himself was not functioning?

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, and then Starscream--made nigh-invincibile by the power of the Underbase--deactivated Omega in ish #50 of the Marvel Comics. It was a great epic story, as I recall. But Omega never returned to active status in the comic after that.

Something else to keep in mind: Omega was built for defense, not offense. I believe his tech spec even says that he "is the Autobots' last line of defense."

Then again, it's all fictional anyway. If it had actually happened, Megatron would've likely made 100% sure the Autobots would never arise from the Ark.

Instead, we got the Deceps saying, "Whee! We're alive! Now let's run away and spend months building a secret underwater base and allow time for the Autobots to reactivate and establish human allies. Instead of making certain the Autobots are obliterated so we will have no difficulty enslaving the human race and harvesting earth for its power resources."

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    actually its starscreams faulth , if hadent blasted and the explosion hade thrown Primes body over to the scanning thing , they autos might never have been repaired.

And yeah , Omega in the comic anyway is defending the ARK , I think that i what he does best.

Dirge121: I think that is a bit much , 3 combiners plus everything else, it would be like throwing both Scorpenok and Trypticon against Fortress Maximus or something. I dont know were Omega is when it comes in size but I higely doubt he is as big as Metroplex. I could easy see him beeing about half, function as a defens for Metroplex( like he need one anyway)

BTW: Were the heck was Omega when Trypticon destroyed the ARK. Cowerdly bastid ;) 

9. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    He was depicted in the show as being the same height as Superion/Devastator.etc.
    As was seen when He and Superion double teamed Menasor.

chances are, he was moping about his past on a deserted hillside hundreds of miles from anywhere.
    Also, Trypty would have stomped Omega into the ground, worse than he did to poor Swerve.
    Trypty and Metro are much, much taller than Omega, if you go by the size when Metro + Bruticus were featured in the opening credits, Omega would be about the size of Tryptys eye, not much use.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never mind Omega. Just tell Broadside to fly over the Deceps and transform to aircraft carrier. :) 

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

you mean brick? :lol