Victory FDP Auditions - Perceptor & Wheeljack

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by New Brandon, May 3, 2006.

1. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Well, yesterday I posted a pair of auditions for a VA who was missing the lines under a misunderstanding that he was not going to get the lines in last night. Fortunately for the project, he did and we can move on to some Victory auditions! My apologies for anyone who wished to audition for those parts, and also to the mods for the whole deal.

Moving on, here are two major auditions... Perceptor and Wheeljack! I don't think I have to explain the voices to you, but here is a link to a website with some sound clips: http://www.transfan-asylum.org/sounds/sounds.htm

We are going to make the deadline for <b>May 21st</b>. Please e-mail your auditions to NewBrandon@hotmail.com by that time. Send them in high-quality MP3 format, if possible, with your name and e-mail address in the body of the message.

Please name all files CharacterName_YourName_Line##.mp3.

Perceptor
    -Perceptor is a somewhat big role, which spans from Victory episode 23 to 26. We want the essence of the voice in there, but due to the character being somewhat different in the Victory incarnation, he will have to be a little more aggressive at times.

Warning Star Saber that they must go through with a sensitive procedure
    "Time is running out, sir. The longer we delay it, the more his anti-virus system gets depleted."

Telling Star Saber that he can't leave to go into battle
    "I'm afraid I can't give you medical clearance to leave. You'll only make your condition worse."

Wheeljack
    -Wheeljack is basically Perceptor's assistant here, and only speaks in episode 23, more or less.

Perceptor feels he made a mistake by bringing the procedure up
    "Perceptor... It's not your fault. I'm the one who told him."

If you have any questions, please reply to this thread or e-mail me at bwill@cogeco.ca. For more information on our projects, visit TFCog.net (the site is down at the moment). Thanks!

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hi, I'm having a general question here.

According to Fumihiko Akiyama, Wheeljack in Victory is considerably different from Wheeljack in "Tatakae". Basically, his whole way of speaking makes him seem much younger than the "original" Wheeljack, and he also has a different voice actor, which makes it appear as if he was a different character altogether (Fumihiko-san described him as a "Perceptor-like character").

Is that going to be reflected in the English dub, or are you just aiming for a G1 Wheeljack sound-alike?

3. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Ah, yes. I was wondering if somebody was going to bring that up.

Original Wheeljack, although I'm sure he'll sound younger than Chris Latta did.

The characters are different, but we're going to try and get the voices as close to Latta and Eiding as possible. I don't think the average fan would accept anything else.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll try out for both of these. I think I can do Wheeljack better than Perceptor, but it's worth a shot anyway.

5. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

There is still plenty of time to audition. This is your last chance to take part in this great series, and it would be great to voice a classic G1 character! These opportunities don't come around too often.

6. Ktulu

News Credits:
    If I can ever get any damn time alone I'm going to do it. As of late, every time I'm home, so is my mom :eek: 

I'm still uncomfortable with talking in crazy voices with her around, seeing as we have a tiny house wherein voice carries like a mofo. If I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE though I'll suck it up and do it.

7. Ktulu

News Credits:
    If I can ever get any damn time alone I'm going to do it. As of late, every time I'm home, so is my mom :eek: 

I'm still uncomfortable with talking in crazy voices with her around, seeing as we have a tiny house wherein voice carries like a mofo. If I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE though I'll suck it up and do it.

Edit- DOUBLE POST FTW

8. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

I'm waiting for two more auditions... Once I get them in, auditions close (which I'll wait on for the rest of the day)... So yeah, this is pretty much the last call for auditions!

9. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Auditions closed. Once I consult with Peter, we'll have our picks.

10. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Well, we have our picks...

Perceptor - Mark Bristow
    Wheeljack - Gabriel Jean

Thank you to everyone who auditioned!

11. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Well I'm 0 for 2 now. Congrats to you who got the parts if you post here.