Minor/Repaint: Victorion repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Soundave8, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

I really like the colour scheme, though intentionally or unintentionally it's a lot like Windblade's - they're all Camiens so you could easily claim it's part of a unified theme. Maybe take some cues from WB's scheme and add some blue highlights in combined mode to work with the eyes and sword?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Soundave8

Soundave8 Well-Known Member

Yeah, might add accents in the future. Although, the visor blue will be a challenge to pull off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

God, she looks so boring now. What were you thinking?

• Like Like x 1
  4. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Looking at her now I'd suggest blue or yellow for highlights. Obvious starting spots are the calve detailing on Pyra (Vicky's thighs) alongside the knee siren lights. Another good spot would be the slanted windows on the helicopter twins legs alongside the extra tail fins at the back of the heli. The cars are a bit more tricky but I say the indents on the side.

Personally I say choose yellow but if you do go the extra mile and add gold to add an extra flare. Pink is also a good alternative, same with white.

5. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

She was boring before, your point? As everyone else said, some color breaks are needed. Otherwise a much better improvement over that awful teal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundave8

I'm thinking you were one of the fans that voted for original color scheme :) 

Kidding aside, she does need some accents. Blue or yellow might be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jingles1

jingles1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice work! Looks good!

8. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

If you paint all the thighs of the individuals silver, it would work as a pretty good way to break up the monotony in the combined form.

9. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

If Victorion had been produced in these colors, I'd have probably picked it up. Great job.

10. Heckfire

Heckfire General Patton vonJesus-Bot 2.0

...just wanted to say THANK YOU for that tip. I ruined a couple of projects due to masking seepage and have never used it since, which has limited my modding abilities. This SHOULD help that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Seeing the whole set with that scheme, I think it looks way better than the original colors. I hated the murky teal and red colors. That said, I also think this black and red color scheme brings on a feel of 2 well known autobots, Sideswipe and Inferno, thus losing the uniqueness the team's colors had. It's also not really less bland than the original scheme. It's just no longer so tacky since black and red work better together than green and red that clash in an ugly way in my opinion.
    I'd suggest adding some silver parts if nothing else, and just to make her more like the character she is still supposed to be, I'd toss in at least a few accents of a nicer and more vibrant teal color here and there.

12. Soundave8

Thanks!

That's the general consensus and I completely agree. Accents might be added later on.