Victim of a robbery last night at home

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Napjr, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last night two burglars entered my house, shoot my brother in the shoulder (and the bullet ended in his tricep, without damaging any vascular/nerve package or the bone), and obviously made a real mess

They tied us (my parents, my brother and i, thankfully they didnt noticed my 90 year old Grandma wich was downstairs), stealed just some money we had at home, all the cellphones and some gold necklaces, as well my parents engagement rings. They just ran away leaving other visible but valuable stuff (watches, cameras, laptops, even more money). The cars are intact too.

As you could imagine, we are pretty nervous right now, but happy to be alive. My brother is doing extremely well (He even went to his Cardiology Class Exam today...). Police arrived soon after, but saddly, its extremely rare when they caught anything at all

Tried to search my iphone with icloud but they turned it off inmediatly. I decided to remote erase it anyway, i just hope it worked since it was a vital bussiness item

Looked at the security cameras but not a single frame could work for anything. We saw when they left the house, but thanks for the angle and the way they crawled below the garege door, no faces could be seen (and they werent masked at all)

Just wanted to vent some of my frustration with you guys :/

Now, ill try to to finally rest and get some sleep...

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that. Must have been one hell of an experience, and not in a good way. Do hope your iPhone was erased (assuming it wasn't immediately disabled), it'd be bad if a smartphone got into someone else's hands.

Good to hear that at least the majority of you are in good health, and your brother's doing alright. Do hope all of you get back on track ASAP. :) 

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Oh god, that's awful. I hope you find these people.

4. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Woah, dude. I can't even imagine how that must've been. At least you all got through it semi-okay.

Anyway, fuck those assholes.

5. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those jack-asses. I hope your brother's fine and that those burglars will be caught soon.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    holy crap I'm so sorry you went through this and am so glad you and your family are alive. I too hope they catch these guys and they get put away for a long time. Attempted murder is a big time long time in jail.
    Were they teenager looking or older?

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's horrible to hear, but it speaks volumes about the strength of your family. Hang in there my friend. I'm certain any frustration you have can be vented out here @TFW; we'll listen.

Your family is in my prayers.

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I'm really sorry to here you were victimized. I take it there are no accessible firearms in your home? I have no idea what gun laws are like in Mexico. Anyone coming to my house with evil intent better catch me naked in the shower or they are gonna get shot.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Glad that no one died. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hope that that is the end of it and you don't suffer any more hardships.

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    If I were you, I'd get the hell out of Mexico. Like, NOW. You're lucky they didn't decide to slice all your heads off and ditch your bodies in the street, and that's not counting any rape, mutilation, or torture. I keep hearing and seeing more and more horrifying news stories coming out of Mexico related to drug wars. Just last week I read about innocent townsfolk being killed, to bloggers that report news of such acts being assassinated. Even wiping out families, friends, and entire towns related to such individuals. Shit is bad. Like, war zone bad. And the violence is spilling out into the Southern U.S. I'm beginning to see the reason for wanting to build a big ass wall.

Thank goodness you and your family are alive and doing well. As for what your next step would be to protect yourselves, if possible, I honestly would leave the country.

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, at least all of your transformers are doing alright. :) 

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Weirdly enough my in-laws had a similar situation several months ago - armed robbers busted in, one held them at gunpoint whilst the other grabbed money and gold jewelry. Apparently the done thing is to take the gold straight away to one of those shady places that buy and sell gold with no questions asked and make a quick buck, making the crime all the harder to trace.

It's a horribly shitty experience, and it can make you feel incredibly unsafe in your own home which is the worst thing. I'm sure that we are all incredibly relieved to hear that you and your brother are okay.

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about this Napjr - hope you and the family recover, esp. your brother. Keep the faith, we're all thinking of ya.

Hope the scumbags responsible get caught, or ideally, have their testicles removed in an extremely unpleasant fashion by some rabid dog in the not too distant future.

14. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Wow!

The main thing is that you're all alive, an your brother wasn't hurt too severely. I hope his recovery from his shooting is quick and full.

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm horrified. It is most fortunate that everyone in your family is alive, but very sorry to hear about your brother's injury.

16. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys, really thank you

Even though i didnt saw them clearly since i was on the floor all the time (Plus holding my dog to prevent her being hurt), my parents said they didnt looked older than 20-22 years old

So you have a gun even in the shower? :p  kidding aside, my dad sleeps with a gun under his bed for these kind of situations, however he was the first to be assaulted and thus, couldnt do anything on first stance. Plus, without knowing if the rest of the family was safe or HOW MANY people were inside the house, it was extremely risky to put us in even more danger

Honestly, even though the violence in my country its been extremely bad in the last couple of years, international media reports mostly the worse news and make an even worse most of the time. My city, while not peaceful, is better than other places in Mexico (Ciudad Juarez or even Mexico City are ideal examples)

Leaving the country is not exactly an option, its not easy and our family bussiness is completely local, selling it wouldnt be an option for example :( 

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  17. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Damn, I'm glad your alright.

This is no situation anyone wants to be in. I hope karma catches up to those two bastards. Hard.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Great news that your brother's okay. While it sucks that stuff was stolen and your home was invaded, the most important thing is that everyone is alive and well. Hopefully those scumbags get dealt with.

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    See now, I think, if you were living in the U.S. they would have left the jewelry and taken the electronics. Really pawn shops give next to nothing for jewelry, are they planning on using the engagement rings to propose to someone? Taking jewelry, what the hell?

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Mexico sounds like a terrible country to live in right now...