Heavy/Scratch: VHS-Laserbeak (W.I.P.)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KINGBOTZ, Oct 26, 2018.

1. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Thanks man! Very excited to make this a reality & move-on to Ravage.......and a few people are already asking about a VCR-Soundwave, but that's on the back-burner til I figure out how well the tapes themselves do, so first things first, lol......... -But I do need to start researching vintage-VCRs though, as I can't practically make it happen unless it's one of those old top-loaders where you manually put it in & out, can't be the newer ones that sucks it in, will never get it back out. Any input on those from anyone seeing this would be great, as I'm not too sure where to start and I don't want to destroy a collector's-version vintage-VCR (if there is such a thing), and I need one that's pretty easy to find and fits the look. If not, I may just have to end up biting the bullet and finding a newer, sleek-looking VCR and just figure out a way to open the top case-shell to put the tape-in.

Anyway's, here's a little tidbit of an update, decided on the leg-designs this weekend to make the big-cut to help form the legs, which will resemble and pivot-down just like the original-toy. Trying to fit as much articulation as practical to help bring the bird-mode to life, so the legs will also be able to rotate outwards for a more natural-look. Also figuring out a way to have at least one little talon pivot out of the ends of the feet. :cool: 

-
    16b.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. dragonflye18

dragonflye18 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    :drool: :drool: :drool:  more i want more lol
    zoid1.jpg

keep it up i really like the way this is looking

• Like Like x 8
  3. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Progress has been an incremental slow-grind, but hands are not idle, things are moving-along nicely! Laserbeak now has little optional pivoting "talons" on his feet, if you choose to display his feet with a little more detail OR retracted & blunt like the original-toy. I've also added back the clear-half of the tape-reels to give him the most realistic-appearance possible in tape-mode.....will also finish the reels-off with some strips of tape put into position & pointing up to give the illusion the tape is still actually wound, connected & running through the guides......details, details, details.....

-After the legs were done, it was time to start working (squeezing) his little laser-assemblies in there.......He NEEDED his self-contained guns, but space is tight! Very tight, as in, parts literally touching/grazing each other in tape-mode......but I deliberately did it this way to pack as much gun-barrel assembly in there as possible. Went through MANY designs & trial-and-error before I finally found one that worked and looked good in bird-mode. I wasn't happy with just stationary/fixed/stubby-barrels, I wanted EXTENDING-barrels that enhanced the guns even more to maximize threat in bird-mode.

Hit a few snags & spent a couple days on the gun-part til I finally got it resolved and now I can finally move-on to the head, just waiting on some parts in the mail so I can get started on the wiring for his eyes. So essentially, his laser-assemblies are attached to his legs and will pivot twice, over and forward to lay right on top his back and point-forward, just like the toy, totally self-contained.

17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:01 PM
    • Like Like x 10
  4. Randym2002

Randym2002 Well-Known Member

tenor.gif

• Like Like x 3
  5. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    This looks great. I can't wait to see how it comes out. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1