VF-19 Fire & Blazer Valkyrie bootlegs

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by SureShot90, Dec 25, 2007.

1. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Are these any good ?. I've been looking at the "reissue" Fire Valkyrie to $50 but I just don't like the mould enough to pay that price, and the Blazer Valkyrie is usually extremely expensive like around $150 or so (a lot when you ain't that fond of it).
    So therefore I thought, how's the quality of the Blazer and Fire Valkyrie set (made by some obscure chinese company) ?
    I'd like to customize them a bit to look more accurate or more something like in my favour.

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There have been different runs. I don't have any myself but I've read on MacrossWorld that some are 'fine' and some are really terrible. I researched them a bit a couple years ago when I was trying to decide to get one, and I ended up deciding not to get one.

Bandai is reissuing the model kit for the fire valk this year, and even though it's a kit it may be better than the knock-off fire valk toy.

3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I almost bought a 2000 Bandai Fire Valk the other day for 50 bucks. Looks cool, may try it!

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I bought a set many years ago. It ended up being that the Blazer Valk was just a blue Fire Valk. They were missing a few pieces, like the entire crotch plate thing and the flap that covers up the hole where the head goes in vehicle mode. The plastic's really sturdy though. But the parts were molded pretty badly and nothing really lines up. I mean, the parts will line up enough to hold for the different modes, but it looks disjointed and the seams don't really match well at all. But, they do have die-cast parts.

Overall, if you can get them dirt-cheap, then get 'em. Otherwise, pass.

5. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Yea, I'm aware that the "Blazer" is just the Fire Valkyrie in blue, I found out about looking at pictures with the bootlegs and originals.
    I can get a set of both boxed for $48 shipped (shipping is $25) to Denmark, and that's considerably cheaper than aiming for getting the originals which in my book ain't as cool as e.g VF11B & VF17S.
    [​IMG]

6. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

The ones I got were OK, stickers were a bit rubbish though and they don't feel as solid as a bandai toy. But they're worth it at the cheap price

7. SureShot90

Ebay:
    Yea I think I will have a lil' bit 'o repaint and bashing done to them :D