VES Awards Nominations Announced - DOTM with 5 Nominations.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Albershide, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Visual Effects Society announced the nominees for outstanding visual effects in 23 categories of film, animation, television, commercials and video games. The awards will take place on Tuesday, February 7, 2012.
    DOTM was nominated in 5 categories:

1. Outstanding Visual Effects in a Visual Effects-Driven Feature Motion Picture.
    2. Outstanding Created Environment in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture - for 155 Wacker Drive.
    3. Outstanding Virtual Cinematography in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture.
    4. Outstanding Models in a Feature Motion Picture - for The Driller.
    5. Outstanding Compositing in a Feature Motion Picture.

Also Transformers The Ride got a nomination for "Outstanding Visual Effects in a Special Venue Project".

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/adventures-tintin-earns-six-nominations-279580

For me DOTM is the absolute winner for the 4th and 5th position from the list. But let's see.

Edit: The title of the thread is a bit misleading. It should be the VES Awards Nominations Announced.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Nice. DOTM may not win any awards for story or characterization, but I was mightily impressed by the special effects, musical score, and sound editing.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    DOTM is deserving in all it's nominations, IMO.

4. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Fantastic, but I honestly think that Planet of the Apes will win them instead, even if Caeser was the only outstanding peice of CGI in the film

5. Albershide

News Credits:
    The Compositing of DOTM was by far superior compared to Apes. Actually compositing is the major part in which ILM are better than WETA.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Driller should win then I can laugh at the irony of a non Transformer winning in a so called Transformers Movie.

7. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WETA has never impressed me. I don't know how WETA wins over ILM like they have in the past. WETA always looks so fake.

8. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Personally I think WETA does fantastic visuals, but only from close up, when we can focus on faces. Caeser, when we focused on him, he looked fantastic, but when they showed us multiple apes from a distance, and particularly the fight on the bridge, they look kind of meh. Same goes for Avatar. As much as I hated that film, when we focused on the Na'vi they looked mind-blowingly realistic, but when there were hundreds of them in the final battle and in the giant tree, they looked ridiculous

9. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It's nice that people do not pass past the great work of those who make the visual effects! They make our favorite characters so alive, real, almost tangible! This work is akin to the work of the God - to create a body out of nothing, and breathe life into it with incredible love! I admire these people and always thank them for those they presented to us!

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its all very good news.

The movie deserves every bit of it.

11. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    The effects were fantastic, even if the other aspects were less than stellar. Prime was out of character merciless, Megs was a wuss, Nimoy should have been Galvatron. Did I leave anything out? Ha ha.

But yeah, the effects were beautiful, especially the building toppling with the glass breaking. Really nice.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    KUDOS!!! Hope they do get some recognition and/or awards for the special effects. :popcorn 

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    People shit all over the Driller because it wasn't a regular TF, but the thing was friggin' insane and was cool as hell. Glad to see it get some recognition. But part of me still thinks Sentinel's amazing model should be up there. How is it a human-like robot still looks more real than all those stupid CGI movies where they just make the people look real anyway?

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    gothsaurus, you're not seriously saying that Nimoy not being Galvatron was "less than stellar", are you? :lol 

Congratulations to all of the visual effects artists involved in all of those films/projects! Way to go!

Yeah, Sentinel was a shoe in for the "Best Animated Character in a Live-Action Motion Picture" category, in my opinion.

16. Albershide

News Credits:
    The awards are today at 7pm (PST). So watch out. I bet DOTM will take home at least 3 awards. :)