Minor/Repaint: Very Small Crankcase/Crowbar Foot Mod.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kaiserlisk, Feb 8, 2012.

1. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    It's me again, here to share a tiny mod for those Dread customizers out there. So in my previous endeavor to create a full Dread team, I needed to further differentiate Crankcase and Crowbar. Now Crowbar has several features that are certainly hard to replicate without some heavy customizing. You see, what bothered me about the Crankcase-based Crowbar I made was the inaccurate feet and the block-like body. Obviously, an amateur such as me can't really change much without resorting to some heavy tooling. I was at such a quandary. Really, this mod I had in mind was found purely by accident. While I was fixing up the Dread team, I was also tearing apart my Laserbeak. To my pleasant surprise,I found that Laserbeak's feet can be fitted into Crankcase's legs to better replicate the talons they had in the movie(pics are provided below)

Pros:
    -You can perform this mod to make a Crankcase with more movie-accurate feet.
    -Or you can make a Crowbar that's slightly more different from Crankcase.
    -Maybe use this mod for Hatchet?
    -Maybe do this mod for all three.
    Cons:
    -May be some stability issues.
    -The feet stick out in vehicle mode(but only very slightly I assure you!)
    -Some of the minor transformation in the legs is sacrificed.

Now for pictures:
    The pieces:
    [​IMG]
    Coming together(note the exact placement and positioning. It's KEY to making this work)
    [​IMG]
    And just to share:
    [​IMG]
    This was a bit of a gray area as far as I'm concerned. This mod was made after I had customized Crowbar's feet already, so I'm not sure if cutting off that heel piece is necessary. I would strongly suggest performing this mod BEFORE cutting off that heel piece and work your way from there if the result isn't perfect. I can say that the missing heel piece greatly impacted the stability of the figure, and not in a very good way.

Finished Product:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the added feet will block the leg wheels and take away from the accuracy a bit.
    On Crankcase:
    [​IMG]
    In Vehicle Mode: (If you don't like parts sticking out, then I suggest you don't perform this mod, but I swear, IMO, this is a minor detail)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for watching!

Attached Files:

• 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      579 KB
      Views:
  2. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

wow

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool mod & thanks for sharing - but I'm not big on the end result for my figure.

However, I can see this as a great mod to make the mold look more like Crowbar...

4. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

Holy cow, how cool! I have 2 extra Laserbeaks, too (bought them to take their weapons). I think I'm doing this, thanks!

5. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Thanks.
    I understand. Really though, I admit that this mod is very minor and really is best used in tandem with other mods in a bigger project. Also, the main intent was to make the mold more like Crowbar, but I just felt that Crankcase could also benefit from this.
    Glad to help.