Verizon "Get It Now" games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DeathFrogurt, Jun 15, 2006.

1. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

I'm looking for some good games for my cell phone, since the game "Alien vs Predator" is pretty disappointing (and I've beaten 90% of it). I've got a bulky, relatively old Verizon camera flip-phone by Samsung, but I don't remember what model it is exactly. I don't know how much the games on Get It Now have advanced since I got it, but I'm pretty sure it can't handle 3D games. Suggestions?

Edit: it's a Samsung SCH-A610.

2. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I've got the Java Sudoku game on my phone, and it is excellence in a can.

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Excellence in a can or on the can? :p 

Can't go wrong with Tetris, IMO. I had that and some other forgettable games on my old phone. Haven't downloaded any to the new one yet, though the number of games available seems to have increased tenfold. Wish you could play a demo before you commit to buy it, since 'renting' it or whatever costs half as much.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    TETRIS. TETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRISTETRIS...

I have the Verizon "Get It Now" Tetris - no frills or multiplayer or anything, just "Tetris" and I have played it for about 3 years now. I love it. I love Tetris. It's like crack. I'm so damn hooked it's sad. Any time I'm bored, waiting for something or someone, I whip out the cell phone and begin to align blocks.

5. DeathFrogurt

Ironically, I have tetris! That was the second one I got, after Q*bert. Q*bert's okay, but Tetris is indeed good on the can. I wish you could start out at a faster level, because you have to start at level 1 every time you play it.

Anyhow, they should have Mario or MegaMan available, or some other platformer. Alien vs Predator is a sub-mediocre platformer at best, but I paid for it so I'll finish it. I think I was under the impression that it was the Final Fight-ish arcade version. But it's not.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Snake

7. DeathFrogurt

Actually Mega Man is available, but I don't want to commit to it yet.

8. beatnik poe

beatnik poe Veteran

i was actually liking Jamdats baseball. neat playoff mode style play. shame you can't play a whole season. Super Bomberman is addicting but easy once you get the hang of it. Mega Man is allright too. Nothing beats good ol' ZUma

then again I have the 9800 so games paly a bit different and not as much is availalbe for my style handset.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I wouldn't be able to help, I play NES Game emulated on my MDA...

10. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    ZUMA!!!! It's such an excellent game. I actually played it first on my X-Box 360 as a demo, enough to get me hooked. So I downloaded it on my phone which is also awesome.