Venture is coming.

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Tekkaman Blade, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rock  Need I say more?

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I wasn't all that wowed by the figures, but hey, at least I know that the Venture Brothers aren't left out. I say that because I don't see Hank :p 

4. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Huh.

5. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    I'm confused: are these supposed to be all cheesy and MEGO-styled? Not what I was expecting.

6. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Those look awful.

7. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Needs more Dr. Girlfriend.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if I get ANY (very doubtfull) it would Be Monarch, 21 and 24. They look like ass... Give me something much better than that. I could do about as good as that..

You know what it looks like... A rushed job.. I think they made the costumes and never got around to the figures much.. Then toyfair cam up and they thought "Oh $#!^! We don't have anything. Quick we got these generic molds that are roughly the shape we ned. Copy them, make some heads real quick and we'll simply say "Not final product..."

These look god awful. The company needs to hire the people who've made the Homemade versions and get them to do it. Make them Marvel Legends or DC Classics style with good articulation and ditch the stupid cloth outfits. Cloth outfits don't work with modern toys other than barbies. They end up looking liek they are wearing giant wool coats that are two sizes to big.

21, 24, and Monarch look decent at best. 21 isn't fat enough, 24 needs to be taller and thiner. Brock looks horrible. Monarch needs a tighter fitting outfit, Dr. Venture needs to be skinnier and needs a better head. Dean looks mentally handicapped. He is naive, sheltered, and stupid, not mentally handicapped.

I highly doubt I will buy these..

My prediction on prices... $35 each.. give or take a bit..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  9. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I was expecting more traditional, completely plastic toys for these, and was prepared not to be interested. But I think the funky Mego style fits very well with the license, and now I'm a bit interested. They look wacky and fun.

10. rattrap007

News Credits:
  11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I like them, a lot actually. I really hope they aren't too expensive as I'd like to get my hands on some of them

12. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like this style of figure because I'm a fan of retro, and kitschy things. I've got a couple of Trek figures from this same line and they're great recreations of the old Mego figures. The only issue I've had is that the plastic seems to be a bit softer than the old Mego plastic and on one of my figures the tension of the rubber band (note that on these kinds of figures the shoulders and hips are all held onto the torso by a matrix of rubber bands) holding the shoulder joint was so tight, the band so strong and the plastic loop so soft that the rubber band had pulled itself right through the plastic. Which in turn caused the arm to fall off...which caused the leg on that side to fall off (attached to the same band) which pretty much destroyed the figure since it's impossible to fix. Unfortunatley it was a figure wearing a big robe so I couldn't see in the package that the arm and leg were loose.

Anyway, this style seems totally appropriate for the Venture Bros. But it's also not for everone, so hopefully more modern figures are yet to come.

13. rattrap007

News Credits:
    To me it isn't so much "style" but execution on most of the figures. Dean looks mentally challenged, Brock looks all kinds of wrong, Dr. V needs to be skinnier, 21 needs more bulk and 24 needs to be a bit taller and skinnier. Monarch is the only one that is remotely decent.

14. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I think the two drones look spot on, personally, and Dean, well, he is mentally challenged. As for being too fat or skinny, that's just a restriction due to the nature of the line.

15. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Wow...

I knew that "failure" was the key concept of the show, but I didn't know that had to extend to the action figures...

Now that I've said that, I'm wondering if the various failures in execution mentioned above were intentional.

16. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I didn't say they were horrid. Just a tiny bit off. The drones nad Monarch look fairly good. The others UGH..

Dean is NOT mentally challenged.. He is naive, sheltered, and never had a normal social life. Thus he is very weird and socially awkward.. Same with hank to a lesser degree.

I could take you from birth, put you in the same setting of being taught by a machine, never know any other people your own age other than your twin, never give you proper parental nurturing, and you'd end up the same or close to it.

17. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    I guess, because everyone else has already said it, I can change what I said. In my first post, I was nice...

OMG THOSE ARE HORRID! What is wrong with Dr. Venture and Dean? And I don't know about you, but I also hate the Monarch's figure too...I think 24's design is the best.

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

There are Flash Gordon figures? Why was I not told of this before?

19. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    pass. Might be interested if they release a H.E.L.P.eR. figure down the line...

20. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    With a blue, cloth main body!