Venom Collection

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ravenxl7, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I've always been a big fan of Venom, but have never really collected any merchandise before. With the upcoming Spiderman 3 movie, my interests in the character have have been woken back up, and I would like to collect some Venom merchandise. I've only got one of the movie figures so far, lol. Are there any figures or other stuff that I should definetly get for my collection? I've done a little research, but I figured I'd get all your opinions on this before I start it. My end goal in this is to have a really nice collection of Venom merchandise. Thanks for any help with this.

Stuff I have-
    -Spiderman 3 Venom w/capture web- picture
    -Spiderman 3 Venom car- picture

Stuff I'm going to get-
    -Spiderman 3 Venom Symbiote- picture
    -Spiderman 3 Venom Plushy- picture
    -Spiderman 3 Walmart Exclusive Venom- picture
    -Spiderman 3 Venom Bust- picture
    -Spiderman 3 Venom Wall Clinger- picture
    -Titanium Venom- picture
    -Super Hero Squad Venom- picture
    -Origins Venom- picture
    -Marvel Icons Venom- picture
    -Venom the Symbiote- picture
    -6" Classic Series 16 Venom- picture
    -Custom Beast Wars Venom- picture
    -Venom: The Madness- picture

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

There are some nice Venom figures from Toy Biz part of the Spidey line. Hasbro just re-released one under the Origins line. It's pretty nice.

Check this site and hunt around. They'll give you a few Venoms.

http://www.marveltoys.net/

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Aside from the movie toys, the Spider-Man Classics figures, and the Origins one, you probably won't want to bother with any of the other Toy Biz figures, at least ones in that "standard" scale. There's the nice Icons figure (plus the exposed Brock-head variant), and if you're into miniature plushies, that new one would work too. :) 

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ya know, a Transformers Venom collection would be mighty small. :) 

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply's guys. The Origin's one is on my list of stuff to get. I'm also going to look into the Icons Marvel Legends Venom. The plushy is one that I'm definetly going to get. lol, Feralstorm, I do plan on having one item in my Venom collection that will be able to be classified as a Transformer.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

You can get the Venom Megamorph or I believe there was a Venom Shape Shifter

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

8. Guiltar

Guiltar Active Member

I have the Icons Marvel Legends Venom.. he's really articulated. nicely detailed and his tongue is bendable ! my advice, get it !

9. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

There was also a smaller version of the Icons mold. It's very cool. There was a black and a "stealth" version of it.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the toy biz marvel legends icons version. Also if you have the cash to spend you could get the $100 + medciom version of Venom.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I've recently gotten into collecting Venom stuff too...I had the huge talking one and the regular action figure released during the 90's-era cartoon, The old one that sprayed water out of its chest, the other older one with the whip-out tounge and I recently bought the Origins version and the new movie version. I'm looking for the plushie too, but it seems to be super popular since no stores around me has it:( 

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply's guys. I'm going to be adding a list of stuff that I plan on getting/ stuff I already have to my first post, that I will edit when I either add something to the "to get" list, or to put something that I've gotten on the "gotten" list. That statue is awesome, but, I don't plan on buying anything really expensive until after I finish college. I'm still open to suggestions to some other stuff that I should get. btw, I don't own any of the photos that I'm using. They are the only good photos of the products that I'm interested in.

13. noob

noob Well-Known Member

14. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

There's also a harder-to-find (yet oddly cute) Sugar Loaf (I think) brand Venom plushie (kind found in claw machines). I might be able to sell it to you for cheap. We'll see.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm....that sounds interesting. I've never heard of it. Do you have a photo of it that I can see?

Hmmm.....that's pretty cool looking. I'll look into that.

16. Triformis

Regrettably, no, and I won't be able to get one for a while since it's at my fiancee's place, which is 2 hrs. north of me and I won't be back for a while. I won't forget you, though, but just in case, can you PM me with the same question, so I can find your codename again when I'm ready?

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've added the Walmart Exclusive Venom to my list of stuff to get. Are there any more items that anybody can think of that I should add to my list of stuff for my collection? Statues, busts, action figures, etc. I forget the name of the series, but there are these 12" tall figures of certain characters, including Spiderman, Black suited Spidey, Dock Ock, and the Green Goblin. The had cloth suits. Is there going to be a Venom in that line? It would seem to be a very nice figure to add to this collection, but I haven't seen pictures of one yet. Thanks for all the help that I've gotten so far, and thanks for any more help that I get.

Edit: I also added in the custom TF that I plan on doing. It'll be a part of this collection, and not count towards my TF collection.

18. Triformis

Do you have all the 5" stuff on a list? If not, check here:

http://www.marveltoys.net/

Good luck tracking it all down! You def. need a Venom: The Madness, it looks awesome!

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've looked there. I'm not going for a complete Venom collection, but basically looking for some really cool Venom merchandise. I also bought a little Hot Wheels like car sporting Venom symbols, but I still need to add it to my list. I looked up that Venom:The Madness, and that thing looks awesome. I've added that to my list of stuff to get. I'd like to get a nice bust of Venom, but can't find any, lol. I think it would be awesome to get a prop from the film. Maybe one of the masks they used during filming, but I can see that going for a whole lot more than I'm willing to spend on it, lol.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sorry to be waking up an old thread of mine, but I've added a couple more things to my list of stuff to get for my Venom collection. I haven't found a picture of the car I got yet, but I'll be taking a photo of it here in the near future. If anybody else has any more idea for any cool Venom merchandise that I could potentially get for my collection, post away. Thanks for the help.