Venom & Carnage 1st appearance

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by smangerbot, Jan 23, 2006.

1. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

okies, i'm looking for some spidey graphic novels and hoping you guys can help, namely the one in which venom first appears.

i have "the saga of the alien costume" which ends in the fantastic four sealing the symbiote in glass capsule thingamajigger. i also have "maximum carnage" which starts with harry osborns death and ends with spidey and venom defeating carnage.

so basically i'm looking to fill in the blanks regarding venom and carnage...

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. smangerbot

ahah! thanking you kindly!

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

thats a huge gap. venom popped up in the early 80s. while carnage made his first appearance in the 90s.

5. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Venom's first apperance is Amazing #300 (Well you saw his smiling face in 299) There has been a debate for years about a hand that shoved Peter on to the subway tracks belonged to Brock and Venom, since it didnt trigger his dnager sence.

6. smangerbot

yeah, i'm trying to collect the graphic novels with venom and carnage. i hope to get the whole story involving venom and carnage up to "maximum carnage".

the problem is each story crosses over with another and another, so it seems like a huge task!

7. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Carnage's first "full" apperance was Amazing Spider-Man#361

He was in a few interludes in ASM #344 and other appeances in ASM 345, 359, and 360

You can find the origin arc in the tradepaperback called: "Spider-Man: CARNAGE"

I actually had all of those issues. Back in the early 90's me and a few friends were really into Spider-Man and Venom.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Lord help you if you ever get the urge to check out the clone saga. It was basically a four-year crossover where no book existed independently of the others anymore. Evidently some lessons were not learned.

But yeah, 299/300 for Venom, 361 for Carnage. But like Doom said, there were Carnage snippets before 361 that I would have assumed would be in a TPB, though I don't own it. I just..still have all those issues. :redface2:  :redface:

9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have that "Spider-Man: Carnage" TPB and it does include those little bits when Cletus Kasady and Eddie Brock shared a cell together and up until the first actual apperance of Carnage.

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you can find it, it’s well worth it. I've got all fourteen issues of the Maximum Carnage storyline. I'd say it’s probably my favorite Spiderman story arc.

A good place to look for older comics besides comic/card shops are junk shops and pawn shops. I went into a junk shop looking for old TFs one time, and ran into a huge box of about 100 comics in really good condition that I picked up for $10. After I got it home I found it contained Wolverine #75 Hologram Cover (where he loses his Adamantium), Amazing Spiderman #365 Hologram Cover (30th Anniversary Issue), and the entire Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War series.

11. smangerbot

12. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

If you look for Amazing Spider-Man #361, there was a 2nd printing, so be careful if you're looking for the first. It's got some foil on the cover, while the 1st printing doesn't.

13. smangerbot

dont really want to get the individual comics, the graphic novels/paperbacks are what im a lookin' fo'.