Vehicons: the elite land, air, and ? soldiers of megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by PowerEncarnate, Oct 1, 2012.

1. PowerEncarnate

PowerEncarnate Mad Inventer

News Credits:
    it seems to me that the vehicons are intended to be soldiers for any theater of war yet we are missing a vehicon for water conflict. Granted we haven't had need for them just yet but i would think that we would have seen them on the 'cons warship somewhere.

as far as the character model for them goes the animators could just use the jet model alter the wings(smaller and with a few propellers) and a smooth alt mode front would do the trick.

also while i'm on the subject of water, why, with so much of the planets surface covered in water have none of the relics been in the ocean? they arrived millions of years ago "scattered across the planet" so they only appeared in the 1/3 that was dry?

2. megapork

megapork Cheese

Water is an alien substance to Cybertronians. Why would alpha trion or the ancients hide away the relics in a substance whose effects on their biology and technology is relatively unknown. It could rust, be disabled or just plain broken. And we cant have that especially since most where intended to be recovered for the use of future generations or for the use of ensuring future generations.

3. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

It's a possibility that some humans discovered, just like the ancient humans who hided the Omega Key in a piramid and thought it was a gift from the Gods, one of two of those keys, shipped them out to open seas and ended up shipwrecked.

The Nemesis himself ended up, several millions years ago, in the deep sea, If i am not mistaken shown in G1 and Beast Wars. Never seen rust on that thing.

4. PowerEncarnate

News Credits:
    the problem with that argument is Seaspray. wheeljack was suppose to be meeting up with "ol barnacle butt" when dreadwing almost blew him up. its not that alien if seaspray could have been waterlogged enough to get the nickname. you also have to look and how much water if in the galaxy it is unlikely that a space-faring race would not have encountered the substance in the past and studied it

5. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    So does that mean there are bees on Cybertron because Bumblebee is named after it?

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not like robots need to breath anyway if they ever neeed to go underwater they will just... jump. Splash.

7. PowerEncarnate

News Credits:
    no not exactly...but it is simplistic to think that a race that can travel across galaxy in a flash, has little fear of death from most things save extreme damage, and has been to many worlds has never seen water before, hell they were on earth during in the ancient past...look and the first few episodes, ep3 i think it was, when prime tells ratchet that megs would come to that place because of all the cybertronian dead there due to an ancient battle over energon stockpiles. they have encountered water in the past....at some point.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Depending on when the relics got to Earth you could have had geological changes that would have left a relic that was once on dry land underwater now. It also seems like that Energon deposits wouldn't always be some place on dry land.

I guess the problem is that the show just can't afford a sea alt mode for the Vehicons. Star Wars the Clone Wars has aquatic robots so it would seem a sea based robot isn't a crazy idea that people would not accept. Heck even way back in the G1 days they had an underwater base for the Decepticon so water isn't a new thing for a Transformers cartoon.

If we get a sea based Vehicon then Thunderblast needs to be their leader because it's about time Arcee had another girl bot to fight.

9. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

One relic did eventually wind up in the ocean, lol!!!

On the Decepticon foot soldier thing, I am happy with it if it frees up design space and time for more new bots. :) 

10. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the flaws are all there, I see what the OP is saying. Other than the relic in say...Triangulation (Apex Armor), we haven't really seen anyone under water doing anything. True landscapes change and yes there is a show budget, but the relic's are always in dry humid areas =p, unless frozen in ice.

Regardless though, water based vehicons just seem...lackluster. Even if there was an autobot that could sail/drive on water...I doubt Megs would have a part of his army dedicated to that kind of alt mode/combat when it would be rare and doesn't hold instant advantage like flying does.

-what I really wanna know is where the car vehicons got their alt modes from =P. Did they scan em on earth or are they just really earth looking vehicles? and in that case, why don't the jet vehicons and megatron need earth modes =p

11. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

The vehicons are the storm troopers of TFP

And I don't think water would rust a Cybertronian since they are made up of a metal that is alien to anything we know.

12. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Yeah, Starscream walked around underwater in the Apex Armor for who knows how long, and both he and the armor came out fine.

13. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

It's possible that they exist, but we never see them because there is no goddamn point to having them. Most of the time we see Autobot/Decepticon confrontations it's in a inland area with little to no water. What would be the point of having boat bots?

14. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Water-based Decepticon?

Thunderblast is your gal

15. Cyberglyph

Cyberglyph I am the Nightshade

News Credits:
    Why not triple changer vehicons?

16. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I bet the car Vehicon that Megatron hurled off the ship wishes he was a triple changer.

17. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I like how he transformerd into a car mid air, like he literally wished he could fly lol

18. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

The concept of "alien metal" is BS. All stable elements which exist in the universe are known. However not all metals oxidize (rust is an inappropriate term, as it only applies to the oxidization of iron). Most metals oxidize in a very damaging ways. However some like copper seem to oxidize in a way where a thin layer of oxidization forms and that actually then protects the rest of the metal further in, and others such as gold and platinum will not oxidize at all. Unfortunately, the metals which seem oxidization inhibitive or oxidization proof are generally malleable and not particularly strong and would not make good structural bodies. Is it possible that an unknown alloy has been created? yes. But only in G1 did they ever try to pull the "alien metal" routine, which audiences have grown up to realize is bunk.

Also people on this thread talk about water as if its so common. I hope you all realize that our own science's search for extraterrestrial life = our search for exo-planets which exist in the right habitat, contain the right elements, a proper atmosphere, and all the other conditions which would allow water in a liquid state to exist on the planet. The truth is, the amount of planets containing liquid water in the universe is EXTREMELY minimal. Water is not native to cybertron and very rarely found on other planets, so why would any cybertronian with any self-esteem utilize an alt-mode with so little functionality?

19. Karta

Karta Active Member

I would love to see Thunderblast in Prime, she was competent in Cybertron. Just remove one certain stupid aspect of her personality and she would do nicely.

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Better keep the Transformers on land. I don't like the idea of under sea adventures unless they discover where Atlantis is.